I was scared today

First I’m abt to hit my ten months clean off IV heroin and opiates today we went by my son’s work there is a guy I know that still uses in the parking lot I usually see him there but don’t talk to him much but Hi and bye today he asked me for a cig and said he was waiting on his stuff I told him I was going back to the truck I don’t want to be around to see them i got in truck waiting for my son to get out of work and the guy I knew came over to the window and asked me something like what we were going to do next he then had them pull next to us in truck I’ve been clean on the 7th ten months I need feedback today when that happened I had such a big craving I haven’t had one like that in the last three months why did I and how long will it be before nobody can tempt me anymore I have all these days of sobriety under me I don’t want to start over please tell me yall

2 Likes

I guess you were triggered by the situation, it makes sense that it would cause a craving but how amazing that in such a tempting situation which caused you to crave that you STILL DIDN’T give in. That’s awesome strength and I ‘tip my hat to you’. Keep kicking butt!!

2 Likes

Ty I didn’t even see it that way thanks for the positive outlook of the situation

2 Likes

I had to leave the city I lived in as I had so many contacts and could score from so many places. I didn’t feel like I would have been strong enough… But you obviously were. People don’t realise the strength it takes to walk away. You should feel good about it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My guess is that the situation triggered the release of adrenaline in your body (the same adrenaline that you used to get when you were about to score) so your nervous system and brain associated the whole thing with a VERY powerful trigger and series of expectations (I.e getting that drug into your bloodstream) that it got before. These are chemical addictions that we are dealing with. You…were able to use you’re presence and will to override that whole nonsense and stay clean…the trigger was subconscious…your choice was conscious. What a big win for you today…congratulations!

Now stay away from scary men in trucks will ya? :scream:

2 Likes

You were tempted and you still stayed strong!!! You go girl!!!

1 Like

My son moved me to the outskirts in the country from the city where I used I always go to town with him out my daughter in law the guy just happened to catch me alone while waiting for my son I had to move to it is hard going to the city tho ty I do know today I’m going to stay clean that’s all I can do one day at a time

1 Like