I will ruin what I have

I actually was a disgrace this weekend. Made a fool of myself and wasted a lot of money on all sorts of bad things.

Im running out of excuses.

People see me as this amazing father to my girl, but I’d be so ashamed she was ever to find out the stuff I have done this wknd.

I just so feel pressured and I need an escape. Toxic relationship after toxic relationship has really ruined me

7 Likes

This is s great place to talk and talking is a great step to take. We’ve all got fucked up shit in our past. It’s important to learn from it and move on, we can’t let that shit beat us up because if we feel bad addiction usually wins. Welcome to the group.

3 Likes

Welcome to this forum. This place is a significant help for getting sober. We don’t judge, because we have all done things we’re not proud of. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, we all want to help eachother

3 Likes

Thanks guys.

I’m not a massive coke head I very rarely do it. But when I do it leads to all sorts of shit, I black out. I woke up on a stairwell the other morning. It also makes me wana have sex constantly which brings all sorts of loose Women in my life, which is not an example I want to set.

Gonna get an early night tonight, and get good food tomorrow and some workout…

I have massive potential as a person but I also can be a liability also when drunk. If I was to lose my job I would possibly lose more than that.

My best friend had a go at me today which was very unlike him. It hit home. He’s a good person and a good friend. He tells me coke is the devil. He is right.

4 Likes

I understand how you feel. I have done so many stupid things that I am so ashamed of. Know you aren’t alone. Its in the past. Look ahead to the person you want to be.

4 Likes

Welcome here! You’ve come to a good place to start your road out of hell, :wink::raising_hand_woman:
Look forward to seeing your progress!

1 Like

Hi friend, welcome :slightly_smiling_face: I’m sorry you had a rough weekend. It sounds like you realize why - you chose to escape into drugs and sex instead of being present, and responsible, in your life. You raise a good point when you say it’s

You connected that to what you call “loose women”, but that’s not really what it’s about. The example you’re setting is the same, whether it’s your choice to have sex under the influence, or to take drugs. It’s an example of running away from living your life fully and responsively. And you’re right that changing that, is important.

You are in the right place to learn about growing your sober life. Take a look around and read some of the stories of the members here. A lot of people have been in your shoes. Change is possible, if you really want it and you put in the work. Youre a good person as you deserve a safe, sober life where you can be your full self.

Take care brother :innocent:

1 Like

“I will ruin what I have”…yes you will

Or

You can make what you have so much better.

Welcome! This is a great first step. Read as much as you can on here. You are worth a sober life.

1 Like