I wish someone told me you can get severely addicted to weed as much as any other drug

You See what positive thought s and positive actions can do ….your amazing :blush::+1::ok_hand::love_you_gesture::muscle:keep up the good work mate and keep letting us know when it’s tough xx

2 Likes

Im impressed chaz
It all starts with day one

I always ust too look for signs from my higher power. Let it show me its happy im sober which it definitely does

When i say no to a craving. A sign pops up snd im soo thankful to be sober at that moment

Sometimes when i give in, disaster happends, another sign but it makes me upset i gave in. My last bad sign was a fight between me and my wife that happened the last time i smoked pot

@19801
Youuuur awesome
Your support makes lots of sence

@Ncgolfer
You still rockin no pot?
Just very interested in your journey
I look forward to watching you grow. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Unfortunately, I caved last night. Wife has been visiting family in NJ and got hit with a slight depressive episode and just wasn’t able to get my mind off it.

I am still going strong with the drinking. 9 days in.

Starting over with the no pot. Have a better plan in place this time. Thanks for checking in!

6 Likes

Listen…
If theres 1 thing i know for certin…
…is right now at this very moment…
…your alive and well enough to try again

For myself
If i decided its ok to smoke id be doing if be4 work, during work and after work, on my days off, when im bored, whdn i have ang chance to do it

I am SO HAPPY you are here TRYING AGAIN

I have been quitting pot over and over for years on end. When im sober, GOOD THINGS HAPPEN

Give it a chance my good friend

Thank you SO SO much for your shere
Keep hounest ok always!!

5 Likes

Appreciate the wisdom. I’ve also been trying off and on for years. The past year though has been the most difficult to stop.

The part I hate the most is that I don’t want to use pot anymore I get anxious and feel regret afterwards but it’s been tough to stop it.

4 Likes

Good luck @Ncgolfer your honesty’s admirable the thing is once you gain insight from this forum or recovery programme s into how ridiculously all consuming smoking weed and being lazy and distant from everyone is ,it really fucks up your using!!! you realise what a dickhead cannabis is to us and you don’t feel good doing it anymore.You’ll get there mate congratulations on nine days AF👍

4 Likes

Appreciate the support! I agree - I’ve definitely reached that point where I see it isn’t providing value to my life anymore.

3 Likes

Maybe the environment you find yourself in is different? Its also something that a lot if people outgrow. I started when i was 13 and now im 33. Both my environment is different and i outgrew it. I have a child now.

I called marijuanna my biggest backstabber. It gave me a promise of relaxation and fun but consumed me in the end. Even in the beginning of using it it fuled my anger

4 Likes

2 weeks clean!! Feeling like myself again and I can really feel the difference inside and out now. I was very tempted multiple times but glad I didn’t give in, coming on here and looking back on everyone’s stories helps remind me I’m not the only one struggling. Plus the thought of starting the clock over and loosing all progress makes me really anxious. I started doing a lot more self care everyday and creating new healthier habits everyday! I also feel closer to god than ever. Thank you guys for all the support and kind words hope everyone’s doing well!

5 Likes

Congratulations on two weeks clean!!

1 Like

Thank you!!

Congratulations :partying_face: on two weeks. I hope your so proud of your capabilities, and this anxiety you feel now when thinking about where you would be if you went back .I think it’s good anxiety ,it’s rightfully telling you where you were was a soul destroying place , and I’ve found my spiritual connection too and I can honestly say I’ve never been happier :blush: yeah life’s shit sometimes and it throws us curveballs but it’s here to be processed and worked through with a sober life and with our fellows :heart:

1 Like

Thanks for all your support friend! I’m feeling more proud everyday. And I’m so glad your feeling the best you ever have, thanks for all your help through my journey😊

2 Likes

1 Like