I'd like to introduce myself

Hello team,

I have never actually shared any personal information here, including my story, though a handful of you have been some of my dear friends from the very start here 3 years ago and a great support to me.

I’m an engineer working for the US Military at the moment. It’s been a tough road with them, full of its own issues that I won’t go into, but it’s stable and it helps me stay sober.

I just completed my master’s degree and am moving to Washington DC this summer. I’ve been working remotely and being alone, it’s been unbelievably taxing on my mental health the past 2 years. In a way maybe I’m kind of using this post to practice how to be social again?

I’m an amateur astronomer, lover of the outdoors, mountains, and the sea, and papa to a loving dog that I adopted in 2022. I would like to live in the gym, but also be a couch potato. I lived in France for a couple of years and speak fluently, and I love that country and its people with all my heart (no hard feelings to the Swiss, Belgian, and Canadian francophones either). I love grammar, spelling, math, science, etymology, and every nerdy thing you could imagine. I almost exclusively read science fiction and fantasy to escape reality and always am reading a book or two. I’ve even tried my hand at writing a novel. I was a volunteer firefighter and EMT for a time and would love to do it again when things settle out in DC.

My main issue today is PMO. I don’t really have much to say about it except that I still struggle and haven’t quite gotten the hang of this addiction yet. In the past I’ve abused oxycodone and that really scared me. Thankfully I had a very clear way out from that road before things got too serious, but I am still incredibly wary of narcotics and painkillers.

I am a deeply religious Christian and believe that freedom from the addictions that hold us is possible. I’m not where I want to be yet, but I can get there. One day at a time.

Nate

17 Likes

Welcome Nate, nice to hear from you.

Hopefully see you around more when you are so inclined. You sound like a very interesting person.

4 Likes

Hi Nate,

It’s nice to know a little bit more about you. I appreciate your share.

2 Likes

Welcome Nate. Sounds like you have some exciting things going on. Keep posting and know we are here for you! :muscle:

2 Likes

Hi Nate - lovely to meet you and appreciate you sharing more about yourself. You have been missed - glad to see you posting.
pleasure-to-meet-you-hello

2 Likes

Great to see you again Nate, and to read a little more about you.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like