Idk if I can do it

Our root needs as humans just aren’t being met in our culture. Humans have a deep need to be loved, appreciated, and respected. Most of us walking around abused and neglected. Well, I think of we band together and shart showing ourselves and others love, we can get out of the pit. How can we love our neighbor as ourself if we don’t know love?

3 Likes

Oh my gosh I really said shart. That must be the detox guts talking :grimacing::rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

True, addiction is progressive, but so is sobriety !!

I thought my relationships were defined by “love”, but when I was using and drinking, they all existed to further my getting high.

Gave up the booze and whatever at 33 yrs old, found a relationship with my inner me and a higher power, and then found my true love at 37 - and we’ve been together 37 years now!! She wouldn’t have even looked at me if I was still using.

4 Likes

Not gonna lie, that made me giggle :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Love this :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Online meetings are a good way to experience AA if you are nervous. You can go to a meeting far from where you live, keep camera off and just listen. When you feel more comfortable you can share and maybe get a sponsor and start working the steps. It may take time to find a meeting you like, or feel like you are getting benefit. It took me a while. Honestly, when I first started trying AA it was because after trying meds, quit lit, etc, my husband and doctor were seriously talking about putting me in a rehab (there is nothing wrong with rehab, and I hope I would have gone if AA hadn’t worked). The first meetings I went to I didn’t understand the point. How was listening to other people going to help me. But listening to all these other people who felt the same as me made me feel less lonely and broken, and hearing other successes gave me hope. The steps were also great. You can find groups here.

And it doesn’t have to be AA. Any peer support group that can give you connection and a guide for living. SMART, recovery dharma, etc.

4 Likes

This is such a great idea, thank you. And glad you were able to get help before it had to reach rehab. 🫶🏻

3 Likes

I hope your okay 🩷:pray::peace_symbol:

1 Like

I would not be able to tell you how many times I’ve quit
If i would have stayed that way from the first time i would have had 35 yrs sober
I have 22 now. So many early stops
Until i started to BE SOBER was my last time trying to be sober

2 Likes

I guess i wouldn’t call it stops or slips or falling off the wagon

I call them layovers

1 Like