I'm a wreck...fml

I also have no place to live and can’t really figure it out. I’m scared of being stuck at some place I don’t like. Broken heart - that’s a regular thing. I just need to surround myself with good people, not the ones who put me down. There must be some hope. Thank you for your support

3 Likes

Hi Justyna - just checking in…how are you doing?

Any progress witg your job hunt?
How are you doing with your sobriety?

2 Likes

Thank you​:heart_hands: I’m doing better each day. Job hunt goes slowly-I need to register in many websites which help in finding jobs at the sea. It’s ok if it takes time… I’ve decided to enjoy my life before getting back to work. I have signed up for a dream trip to Japan :cherry_blossom: so there’s something to look forward to.
I’m back at the gym. My social phobia is gone and I’m modyfying my workout plan on my own… I think it’s more fun than being dependent on PT :smiling_face:
At the airport just now…I’m flying to Bergen because I have a therapy session there. After that I’m back in my country where I feel better mentally. My days in Norway are counted.

4 Likes

It’s not your failure that they did not let you know that fluent Norwegian was necessary. They should have made this clear.

The similar thing happened to my buddy, she got a job interview and was really excited and went along, and then in the interview they started asking her why she didn’t have a PHD… It didn’t even say that in the job advert and they didn’t tell her it was a requirement in any of the communications. What a bunch of idiots to not even set out what the needs of the job are before conducting the interviews.

Don’t beat yourself up about their failures.

2 Likes

Thats all so great! Im excited for your holiday in Japan. Have you been before? I had to go for work once so sight seeing was limited but loved it. Have a fabulous time.
Glad that you are back at the gym and finding your own routine. Wish you luck in yiur job hunt bu overall im loving your attitude- what a positive change! Have a great therapy session and enjoy your day/evening.

Sorry JazzyS… I have responded but just realised today that the message has not been sent.
I was back on my feet, working out etc but unfortunately I slipped up again this weekend. Went to a camping with my brother and some friends… buying non-alcoholic drinks did not help. I guess I’m just not ready to hang out with people who drink. Reseted my clock yesterday. Still not feeling well, just drinking lots of water and trying to forget what happened :disappointed:

1 Like

Hey Justyna
So good to hear from you my friend.
I am sorry you slipped but thrilled that you are right back on the sobriety wagon. At least you learned something super valuable from this slip - you …

This is huge! I do hope you continue your work outs and overall self care.
Have a wonderful sober day :people_hugging:

1 Like

Oh babe — I know how exhausting it can be but I also know that it is possible. I’m on this site so much and see how so many have such beautiful recovery stories and time under their belts…
You are no different and can also be addiction free. Life is all about the lessons - we are forever learning. You have the will and now just have to work on this a bit harder - get more support if needed in real life. Do become more active here. If ever you feel you are about to slip write the word “HELP” on the Checking in daily to maintain focus #55 thread – this site is active 24 hours a day 7 days a week and someone will always be a click away to help.

Giving up addiction(s) and living a sober life is not an easy path we’ve chosen and this path will have many lessons and obstacles - we are growing stronger with each hurdle overcome

You are stronger than your addiction my friend - you can overcome this addiction.

1 Like

I will definitely stay in touch. Whenever I stop it ends up badly. I’m even considering taking a disulfiram implant… Antabuse pills don’t work for me. I just stop taking them and loosing the control

1 Like

I’m not familiar with these but you know your body best and make sure you discuss with your doctor (know all the side effects ahead of time). Do whatever you can to keep control.

Glad to hear that you will be staying in touch!!! sending strength my friend. :muscle:

1 Like

It’s only my 6th day clean but finally feels like some achievement. My mood gets better, days seem brighter. I had to avoid a family dinner today to not ruin my healthy habits. And it feels good to say “no” rather than feel uncomfortable explaining myself why I don’t want that glass of wine or a cake😅
Happy to be here and have all the support needed.
Thank you

2 Likes

WOW congrats on your 6 days of sobriety! you are doing awesome and i’m so glad that you are able to avoid the family gathering as you see it as a potential trigger. Way to protect your sobriety and healthy habits.
Have a wonderful day!!! :muscle:

1 Like

This is hard enough so be easy and don’t beat yourself up too much…I mean you should feel like a failure and like poop but it is what it is…

my longest sober period in 8 years was 8 days and I almost died…

I went 14 days, 26, 103, 47 now I’m day 7…it’s shameful and embarrassing but I put my own walls up…I didn’t want to go back into the rooms because of what people might think of me…imagine that, 40 year old man caring what others think of me…such a shame on the connection I could’ve lost out on because I made some stuff up in my head…just in true alcoholic fashion lol

more people care about you than you think…

I’m learning how to detach without isolating.

Nothing worse than raising your hand within the first 30 days again…some will make sly comments , some will even say some sneaky comments…but for the most part in my experience, its head nods, handshakes, hugs, hands on shoulders with encouragement and text messages from the least suspecting members in the community…

When I care too much what others think I talk negatively to myself like you did in your post…

You basically fell down and skinned your knees and elbows…get ur ass up…brush yourself off andd give yourself some GRACE…even if you’re at day one, you didn’t start over with nothing

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words and understanding @Sinned. I am on my day 189 and I feel much much better mentally. I’m not bothered with people’s opinion about me so much anymore. And yes it’s been a while and just as you I’m still learning to detach without isolating. I choose my surroundings wisely:) Fingers crossed for you. Hope you’re doing well

8 Likes

Soooo lovely to see your post… grateful you are doing well friend. You have been missed. Much love to you :heart: :hugs:

1 Like