I'm a wreck...fml

Guys,

I should have achived at least 2 months since I’ve joined this group… I just keep failing. I’m so ashamed to admit this.

Since I’ve accepted the job offer I’ve been soo happy.

Such a great opportunity - working on board for 3 weeks than 3 weeks off! Norwegian company, good money. Everyone could be jealous!

Unfortunately I’ve been hoping for too much. I did not expect to be the only one who does not speak norwegian fluently. I felt excluded from the team since day 1. And it kept getting worse with every next day. The management was lacking the minimum of work ethics and manners. I did not feel welcome in the team. There was absolutely zero tolerance for english language…

We live in the 21st century and I have to admit, I’ve never felt more descriminated in my whole life at the hotel industry.

I’ve been on a treatment for 8 months. I was so happy I have it all under control and got that great job opportunity in my life. It all turned to sh*t. I asked them for an immediate release because of the discrimination I’ve experienced. They agreed with no discussion.

I’ve slipped… And again I feel like I’ve failed in my life. I’m back to being unemployed and useless. Plus I need to start over with my treatment.

I hate my life.

18 Likes

Justyna - You may be unemployed at the moment but in no way are you useless!
I’m sorry for how the company treated you from day one and the disdain they showed during your time of employment. We spend so much time at work and for that reason alone it should be a place that we enjoy - not one of dread. The place sounded absolutely awful.
You’ve been able to make it 8 months with treatment - so hope lives! you can do this again. Do not feel ashamed - you are fighting an addiction that finds ways to grown strong when it senses we are at our lowest. Do not give up hope - great job in coming here - lots of amazing support in this community.
Is it possible to get to a meeting or join an online meeting? Are you able to talk with someone irl to discuss your emotions / frustrations?
Sending you strength and love my friend - Life is beautiful and I do hope that you are able to see it as such soon. :people_hugging: :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I really did not expect such a quick response. I was very lost and I had to talk about what hurt me. I always find a great support in here… How do you guys do it? Nobody pays for your time in here… Just asking…

3 Likes

Oh love - we are all here from so many parts around the world so the site is always live and someone is always here to help. All of us are struggling with our own demons and at different stages of healing / recovery.
I try to keep the site open in the background and was just fortunate enough to see your post. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

How are you doing now?

5 Likes

Hi Justyna, we help each other for three reasons. First, no one can help an addict like another addict. Second, helping you keeps us sober. And finally it’s the right thing to do. :heart:

8 Likes

I’m not well to be honest. But I know I have done a right thing. I’m too experienced in the industry to let myself be treated badly. The sad thing is that I met a really nice Danish guy and he’s staying there… He has experienced the same treatment. Most of people don’t understand danish so he gets sh*t once he starts speaking english.
I’m just worried about him. He’s the only good person I have met in there and I know he’s going to struggle in this racist environment.

3 Likes

Thank you darling. Makes sense❤️ I’m staying here

3 Likes

I’m sorry - stay on your sober track and things will start getting better (life is hard but with the strength we gain from fighting our addiction we can tackle all that life throws are way with a clearer head).

I am so glad that you got out of that place of employment - it did not sound as if it was good for your mental health at all. With your experience, are you able to find other employment near by?
I’m sorry your friend is also experiencing the same shit. You got out and hopefully he will too.
You need to work on getting your feet back on the ground and beginning your sobriety journey. One day at a time is what you need to focus on - reach out when you need help. I do hope it gets better for you soon.

3 Likes

I have never got attached to places or people. And currently I am homeless:) which is nice. I hated living in Norway. I have burned out working in there… Opened 3 hotels in Bergen, worked my ass off and got depressed. Dark place to live in and people suck. They only speak to you when drunk🥴 total lack of soscial skills.

1 Like

And yes… I have a lot of opportunities. I’m at the place where I get to choose my employers. Not the opposite. F*ck them

3 Likes

Oh hell YES – Thats the attitude my friend! FUCK EM and you do have this. Very impressive — Hopefully you will be able to find work in a location that can see your worth and treat you with respect.

Now is the perfect time to work on yourself. I hope your day/evening is turning around.

4 Likes

Come here every day. Invest in yourself by investing time here. There is so much advice and support…you just have to use it.

5 Likes

Thank you​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::pray:

2 Likes

I definitely will. Thank you so much​:heart::pray:

You shouldn’t stay at a job that’s gonna treat you like garbage bc you don’t speak a certain language. Fuck that. You deserve better. I know what it’s like to not fit in at work & be abused by managers too. It’s horrible. It’s not too late to try again. Recovery is hard AF when you don’t feel supported. I wish you well. I hope you find a job that you actually love & makes you feel accepted regardless of what language you speak.

5 Likes

Thank you… This situation has really drained lots of my energy. I did not expect this… The recruitment team has completely ignored the fact that my norwegian is poor and gave me the opportunity regardless. I was hoping I won’t be the only one who’s not fluent there… unfortunately I was. I just need to get back on my feet and be positive. I’m sure my experience is good enough to find a better place. Again thank you for your kind words and support❤️

5 Likes

Wishing you luck with your journey to find new employment. In the mean time do keep connected to the Talking Sober site - this community really did wonders for me.

How are you doing today? Making any changes to help with your sobriety?

2 Likes

No one is perfect that is why we strive for progress and not perfection. You are specail and dont let anyone tell you any differently we have all experienced trauma in the fellowship. In one form or another.

The love of the fellowship was there for me and soo shall it be for you. Should you wish it above all else. Cling to the idea of faith which is the essence of thing hoped for and blessing unforseen. God does not shut one door for another door to opened for you. You are loved and you are special. Keep the faith. One day at a time

2 Likes

I’ve been spinning around in this universe for quite a few years now and had so many “I hate my life” moments. Do you know what?.. I’m still standing and can’t remember most of them. Probably a few broken hearts, not enough money, nowhere to live, I want to die moments but they all seem insignificant right now.
You’ll be OK.
I ain’t no farmer but good things grow from shit.

5 Likes

Thank you for asking. I’m still lacking the energy to start being as active as I used to be before… The only thing I have done was measures and applying for a new workout plan since I’ve been working out for too long with my previous plan. Lost my motivation because I could not see results anymore. It’s been just 2 weeks not more so I’m going to save the situation and start over.