I'm an alcoholic I guess

Thanks john! I took a detour from my career, bc it’s really stressful and just took took a really simple easy job for awhile to help me get through for awhile! Sobriety comes first right now! #1week!

2 Likes

First, there is nothing wrong with being an alcoholic. If you recognize it and take action to correct.

Second, whatever term you use to describe your abuse is pointless. Granted many people who describe themselves as an alcoholic lack control Once they start. I look at it like this, if your horrible at sports you don’t play sports. If you don’t like math you stay away from it.

Hence, why my relationship with alcohol has changed. I’m no longer going to inject my body with poison. I used to justify my experience with alcohol like this: I eat healthy, I spend 2 hrs in the gym. Why can’t I binge drink. I only binge drink once a week or every two weeks. Wow, the things we tell ourselves to justify our habit or addiction.

3 Likes

I definately understand @Shattered_dreams! We definately come up with some stupid excuses and reasonings to keep drinking. I was the general manager of a few different gyms for the past year and a half and i definately used that as an excuse, I work there…I work out there every morning…my body can handle drinking so much.
But in the end, like you said, injecting ourselves with poison is not worth it and there is no excuse to be doing so. Not as much as much as I was anyway.

1 Like

I relate to your story so much right now. I think my family are mostly functioning alcoholics as well, I’ve been brought up around it being normal and it took far longer than strictly necessary for me to realise I actually have a problem. Or maybe I just denied it and put it off for too long. I was at my first AA meeting tonight and it was daunting at first but I now feel like it’s something I should have done long ago. You can do this, it will be really trying at times which I know because that is how I feel about myself at the moment. I really hope for you that you can fight it. That’s what I need to do as well.

1 Like