Im doing really good but

29 days is amazing.
I will not drink today. Nothing else matters except today.
It’s just hard.

1 Like

Thank you. I really should reach out here more too. I am always blown away by the wonderful support.

1 Like

That word “forever” is an ugly son of a bitch. It scares the shit out of me.

For me. And I just posted it. But I’ll post it again. For me.
“I’m not drinking today! And I’m probably not drinking tomorrow.” Fuck tomorrow and forever.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

So what happens that makes you go back? What do you do that keeps you sober? Is there something you can do differently that will help you maintain your sobriety?

1 Like

I guess I just keep thinking that drinking occasionally is okay. It’s not out of control. Blah blah blah.
When really, I just dont want to do it ever.
I want to be a non drinker, not a once in a while drinker.
I guess, I say to myself, “you havent drank in however many months so it’s okay to do it once.” Which is bullshit, honestly. It’s just the same stupid cycle.

I guess I just have to start by saying, i dont drink anymore. I quit.

4 Likes

Drinking is simply not an option. My mantra, it just doesnt fit into my life. I surrounded myself with people that feel the same…it helps!

2 Likes

Drinking is simply not an option. That’s really powerful.
I deserve to show myself that I can push farther.

2 Likes

It is! Haha, I agree.
Yes, today today today.
Only focussing on what I can controll today.

1 Like

Do you have a network of help, besides here? Like a program of recovery?

No, I dont. I have support from people that I love, and this app.
I would also like a good reading recommendation, if anyone has one? Or a good podcast? Something inspiring.

Hi there, I can recommend we are the luckiest by Laura Mckeown - it’s unbelievable. Easily the best book I’ve read on the subject. Here’s wishing you all the luck & all the strength in the world

4 Likes

I hope the link (click on the blue text) works :point_down: Lots of suggestions :+1:

1 Like

She also has an online forum, The Luckiest Club. I attend AA meetings and the TLC meetings. Both huge parts of my recovery journey. Her book is very good.

2 Likes

I relate to that feeling.

Why do you think you want to drink?

Don’t think about the future, if I do it really unnerves me. Just focus on now, today. Like @geo Geoff said, it’s a great idea to write down why you stopped. In the beginning I wrote a letter to myself on my phone. I wrote down how I felt, how much I was drinking…truly drinking and how once I start I actually can not stop! I detailed all of the things I did whilst drunk (the stuff I could remember) and I put a picture with it of me on New Year’s Eve 2018/2019… absolutely shit faced stood with my lovely beautiful niece, my mouth wide open teeth black from red wine.:pensive:… it makes me cringe seeing it but that picture was one of the reasons I said no more. I’ve only had to read it once in 583 days and it stopped my craving DEAD! As Eric @Dazercat said… forever is an ugly word! Great job on reaching out, together we can do this, one day at a time :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

I’m not even sure. I will rack up a bunch of time and somehow try to justify it.
Stupid shit like, “at least I dont do it every day.”
" drinking once every few months is okay."
Blah blah blah. It’s just dumb.

Drinking never again is the best option, honestly.
Not having this damn repetitive thinking cycle revolving around booze, would be great.

I will start writing things down like that. I think that will be helpful.

1 Like

Why do you want to be sober?
I believe it’s the best option but why specifically? What benefits do you get from being sober?

I hear your narrative but, what benefits would you get from drinking?
What are the risks associated with drinking for you?

Why did you decide to get sober?

There are no benefits whatsoever.
I want to be sober because I think it’s the ultimate act of self love.
I want to be sober because my kids are still young enough that if I quit now, that will never have to be something they see.
I feel better sober.
There is SO MUCH LESS anxiety with sobriety.
My husband drinks and id like to think that with me not doing it, maybe I can inspire him in some way.

The benefits of sobriety will always outweigh drinking. Always.

2 Likes

Thanks for all of your replies. I’m not huge on opening up about this stuff but I have gained a lot of insight today and I really appreciate it.

2 Likes