I'm happy I decided to get help

Yesterday as i was sitting at home regreating the bottle i drank to my self the night before I kept
attacking my self, constantly telling my self how stupid I am and weak. Crying about when will I learn when I loose it all?

The idea of going to AA always pops up in mind but how and where and when just doesn’t match my schedule, full time worker and single mom…

I thought there’s an app for everything let me check if there’s an app for help…

Here I am I’m able to share the truth of what I’ve been bottling up inside for so long.

My name is Emely I’m 27 years old and I have a drinking problem.

9 Likes

Hi Emely! I’m also 27 years old and my drinking got out of hand years ago. Admitting I have a problem and reaching out for help was and still is really hard for me - so good job on coming here and doing just that!
I don’t feel comfortable posting all that much (yet), but I found reading this forum immensly helpful (and it will always fit your busy schedule!). There seems to be a thread for every problem you may face and it’s a very friendly and non-judgemental environment!

6 Likes

Welcome, we all need help…and this is a great place for it.

4 Likes

Hi Emely, welcome! There is so much support and advice here. While our circumstances might be different there is so much we have in common, it really helps to know there are so many others in the same boat.

This is a great thread to get started on if you haven’t found it already:

Search, read and reach out as much as you need to. You’re not alone!

6 Likes

Hi Emely I am Paul well done on your first step and some times it is the Hardest one remember you are never alone in this community we are all here to help good luck.

2 Likes

My story is similar…I found this app and it has helped me get to 11 days. I check it in the morning, throughout the day, and usually while I am laying in bed at night. I appreciate all of the people on this forum, and am so glad I downloaded this app!

4 Likes

Good morning, Emely! It was only when I finally admitted that I was an alcoholic and I needed help that my life began to change. You’ve done that! You know you need help and you are asking for it. This forum is a wonderful place, and it is available 24 hours a day for free. Staying sober is not easy. I have to be reminded every day why I cannot drink - but you know what? Life on this side is so very much better. I remember those mornings of waking up hating myself, knowing that I had to quit and not feeling like I could. I am so glad to not be living that life anymore. You can do this. Ask for help when you feel like drinking. Read through old threads for so much good information. Check in here often. And I’ll share with you what someone said to me when I first got sober:

“If you play your cards right, your kids will never remember you as a drunk.”
That motivates me when nothing else does.

Decide that you won’t drink today. No matter what. Be gentle with yourself. Rest as much as your schedule allows. Remember to hydrate. Eat. And know that a whole lot of folks here believe in you.:heart:

2 Likes