Im hoping that this works

Welcome Jennifer
This is a great community to be a part of and everyone is super helpful. Its great to read up on others stories or just join in on the “just for fun” threads to help keep your mind occupied and you might even meet some anazing folks along the way.
Fighting addiction is a one day at a time effort…set small goals and treat yourself on your achievements- i myself take me out for a nice dinner :wink:
I hopd to see you around!

3 Likes

Good evening. I hope with you reading this, you are still sober. Just remember not to try to live your life even 30 mins in the future try to stay true right now and always. Hopes this helps welcome to the family.

3 Likes

Good luck! It will only work if you stick around, communicate and read other peoples’ stories. If you do that it can help no end.

3 Likes

Well, making it thru my first evening. 7pm-9pm are my worst times prior to today. Even came home tonight to a very small amount of alcohol in my glass from last night. Threw it down the drain along with a bottle. Akmost 9pm and totally sober. Weird? Yep but doing it.

4 Likes

Thank you so much!

Thank you!

Good job getting rid of it!

1 Like

Welcome to the good life! So happy to have you here.

1 Like

Welcome googie! I have found this to be a very helpful and compassionate group of people. It has helped me a lot.

3 Likes

Hi @Googie -Thinking of you. So, in AA we talk about “Meeting makers make it.” Are you going to AA meetings. I LOVE my AA community!! Are you taking an active role in your recovery? :heart::raised_hands:t2::facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks! My friend 20 yrs ago nicknamed me Googie and now its my grandma name.

My plan is to spend time here in my free time. Thank you so much. Very sweet of you

Wow! Be proud of yourself. You are doing it. The beginning is the hardest so keep reaching out to this community and get to meetings if thats possible.
Take up hobbies or focus on the ones you have - these activities along with possible excercise will give you new habits to replace your addiction. Try to be especially occupied during your 7-9 pm period. Before you know it this time frame will no longer be difficult

1 Like

Thank you so much. Up at 2am with horrible leg cramps. Still sober!

2 Likes

Welcome. What is your plan for getting through the danger times? Being on this app is great, you can also read quit lit, listen to podcasts, to really get the sober motivation going.

1 Like

Welcome to the show! Hope is a wonderful feeling that helped motivate me to action. You’ve gotten several good suggestions already. Avoiding alcohol and triggers to our wanting to use it is important, and so is increasing our ability to tolerate discomfort. What I have found for myself and seen in others is that further action to grow sobriety is even more important over the long term.

When I finally got sober after years of “trying”, I was complying with court-ordered daily breath tests and I was taking Antabuse. Both good ways to avoid alcohol. I also needed individual counseling and AA, eventually adding an outpatient rehab program as well. I threw everything I had into getting sober, letting nothing get in the way (particularly the thoughts in my messed up head). I was a hopeless alcoholic, very nearly washed up, but found the way I needed to take to sobriety. For the past few years, daily participation in Talking Sober had been a huge component.

Check this thread for ideas to add to your sobriety. Blessings on your house :pray: as you begin your journey.

4 Likes

Maybe try a meeting and keep coming here .they made the meetings in the evening because they found that this time was the best time when most people had finished work and had spare time wish you well

2 Likes

Journaling will also help me. It helped me a lot when I was young so now im going to try it old!

2 Likes

OMG Thank you so much i reqlly didnt come here for goold stars, pats on the back,etc but maybe deep down thats what i need since I didnt have it growing up. Therapy has taught me that but it still feels…like under-deserved.

The beginning is the worst with sleep and cramps. Glad you stuck to sobriety. If possible make sure you dont have any alcohol readily available so if at 2 am you do wake up you may have to wait until the morning to do something about that craving - by then, it will be gone :crossed_fingers:
Congrats on another day! You do desserve praise for your accomplishments not only from others but yourself as well! This is not an easy road so do pat yourself on the back.

3 Likes