Im in day one

Well I’m in my first day of sobriety. I’ve had many Mondays that are hard like this. I usually only drink on Saturdays as I work 6 days a week 50 hours a week currently and I wish I would not have done that I wish I would have woke up Sunday morning feeling sober and enjoying my day off. However now I’m back to work feeling not as good as I was before Saturday I’m really going to take my sobriety serious this time and not pick up alcohol at all. I don’t drink everyday but when I drink I drink too much and alcohol has never brought anything but misery to me and the ones I love in my life so I don’t even know why I bother. Deep breaths from here on out I can do this

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum, friend! You seem highly motivated. Here are some ideas to put that motivation into action. Simply “trying not to drink” or “trying harder not to drink” and “distracting myself from drinking” never worked out for me. I would simply “change my mind” and pick up a drink.

And I’ll make a guess - you tell us you don’t drink every day, but I’ll wager that you do think about drinking every day. When I was able to flip that to thinking about sobriety every day and taking positive steps to make that happen, then I was able to get sober.

Blessings on your house :pray: as you begin your journey.

5 Likes

Glad you’re here! Such a great attitude! What’s your next best step? How can we help? You can do this! I believe in you! Have a beautiful day! :raised_hands:t2::heart::people_hugging:

1 Like