Im more okay than I thought

Last night I relpased on cutting. Prior to this relapse I had 10 months. I was scared, the 1 year mark was approaching and I felt threatened instead of motivated. I thought that if I ever cut again I would it would kill me or I couldn’t live with myself. But it’s not the end of the world. Last time I felt rushed into meetings and sobriety but this final relapse felt like a proper goodbye since it didn’t serve me how it used to. And im ok to be back at day 1 and remain clean for good now.

7 Likes

Sounds like a bit of a awakening. Sorry about the relapse. But if you learned from it and it made you stronger. That’s a win.

1 Like

@Keepers so glad to hear this time was different, 10 months is a long time to change the way you process. Welcome back.

The old you is gone :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I used to be a cutter myself. Like relapsing on drugs, when you have “farewell” relapses with cutting it is still really dangerous. The last time I relapsed on cutting, I almost killed myself. I now I have a scar on my arm that is so deep and so pronounced that it will never fade, ever.

My point is that maybe you shouldn’t downplay it so much. It is your addicted mind’s way of making it easier to relapse again, I think. And next time hun, you might not survive.

I am glad you are still here with us.