I'm new to the forum

I am on day 86, waiting for the day were it might seem a bit easier. I have read many of the posts and have found inspiration. I am glad I found this place. Thanks.

27 Likes

It will come if you keep sticking it out and working on yourself and your recovery…it does get better, welcome :pray: :heart:

5 Likes

Welcome Dan and congratulations on your days!

It depends how you think about things, but whilst cravings are painful and sobriety is by no means easy, it’s easier than the endless cycle of hangovers, anxiety and regret. Isn’t it?

5 Likes

Welcome :raising_hand_woman:

:star: :sparkles: :star: congratulations on your 86 days :star: :sparkles: :star:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

I can’t exactly give you an exact moment it gets better. Sorry to disappoint.

I’m only on day 12 so far and the longest I’ve ever one must be around 4 months. That includes a three month stint in the local rehab centre.

So I wholeheartedly congratulate you first and foremost.

If you need somebody to just vent to feel free to send me a message.

Can’t really tell you much about this forum but maybe I can tell you what used to work for me.

Have a good night. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind thoughts, some days are better than others, it is helpful to read about others with the same struggle, take care everyone!

3 Likes

Day 103 of one day at a times here…congrats on your 80’s!! :raised_hands::purple_heart:

2 Likes

Welcome Dan! The day will come takes longer for some but it gets alot better. For me it was about the 6 month mark where I realized it wasn’t a daily battle anymore and some days I didn’t even think about it. Stay strong my friend :muscle:

3 Likes

Glad you’re here and maybe consider hitting a meeting to listen & possibly share your experience with others. It all helps friend. Welcome again!

Its a good place to vent & have support from fellow like minded people my friend! Welcome!

Hi Dan and welcome here!
Glad you have found us :hugs: This app and the people in it has helped me a lot in my recovery process. Finding your way in this forum can be overwhelming, there is so much information to find here, a real treasure hunt :wink:
I would like to share this thread, but maybe you have already read it?

If you have any questions? Feel free to ask! We are from all around the globe so there is always someone awake to answer!
Congratulations for your sober days! :facepunch:

1 Like

Welcome TS and continue to take it 1 day at time.

1 Like

Welcome and congrats for your 86 days!! Keep going :raised_hands:t2::sparkling_heart:

Welcome and congratulations on Day 86. Here’s to day 87 and more. As for waiting for the day when it’s easier, I think we all are. Recently I found myself craving a drink for no reason other than suddenly having an intrusive thought. Mind you, I’m on day 4274. I’ve never had as strong of an urge. Reading through messages here and doing an online meeting (no in person ones were available at the moment) put me in a better place. Communities like this help make it easier.