Im not sure im doing this correctly

Umm… Completely new here. I think the time counter may really help me. Im struggling with drinking due to family issues and to help me relax. I see the problems its causing me and my spouse. I feel like we also feed off each other. One day i want to stop and he doesnt and the next day he wants to stop and i dont. He has trouble sleeping at night without drinking. I think i probably would be okay. I dont know i know we have to stop to overcome some obstacles. Just good vibes sent our way please

7 Likes

Welcome :purple_heart:. You have at least posted correctly! Glad you have joined our community.
It can be hard when our partner drinks. There is a great thread about it. Maybe it can help you.
Are you affected by a loved one who’s an addict?

2 Likes

Welcome Dene to the community. The timer did help me but i found this community is god sent. Take your time to read around here. You can use the search tool to check threads that may be of use for you. So many amazing stories of others have overcome their addiction. This site has been a great help and all serves as a distraction when urges hit.
It is super hard to quit when your partner is actively drinking. You just need to start for yourself and hopefully he will follow your lead.
Do make a plan for yourself – join meetings, change up your routine, change social circles, add activities to help you stay distracted - etc. The beginning is difficult but not impossible. Wishing you luck and hope to see you around.

1 Like