I'm slightly over a week sober

I used to smoke fentanyl daily for over a month, and abused prescription pills for even longer than that (years!) but I am proud to say that I am now close to 2 weeks sober from any and all substances!! I know it’s not much but for someone who spent every day of his life under the influence of SOMETHING, this is a huge deal for me! I’ll be going to rehab soon-ish, whenever my documents are ready and I have the money to afford it… I’m trying to keep myself occupied by doing fun stuff that I’ve neglected due to drug use. I finally feel like I am able to reclaim my life!

11 Likes

Wow Chris…this is a fantastic start on your sobriety journey. You should be proud of yourself and every day won is an amazing achievement. The beginning is the hardest and you are crushing it.

Welcome to our community! Hope to see you around :people_hugging:

2 Likes

Thats a big fricken deal!!! So proud of you for breaking free from the addiction cycle!! Congrats on your close to 2 weeks free @WhatCouldHaveBeen197

3 Likes

AMAZING!!! Congratulations - this is huge!!! What an amazing achievement, and all the happy feels that go along with it!!

2 Likes

Thats amazing! You should feel very proud, not many can do what your doing. It takes strength and resilience to get that far. Proud of you! Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

Soak that feeling of self-love in! You’re doing incredible!