I'm so lucky. Why am I trying to burn it down?

I like that idea. I started thinking about all the things I could do and realised they were all thing that would help my kids or work. Then it dawned on me I was finding it impossible to justify spending time on me. So now I’m on a mission to find something for me.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing. I am in the same boat and you words are an inspiration

1 Like

Yes focus on you. You deserve happiness too.

1 Like

@RealMe Yes, happiness is an inside job. No one not even spouse can fill that hole inside. But, somehow doing things for others helps me feel better. However, there needs to be a balance for selfcare as well. That’s the tricky part for me. When am I giving too much or not enough? How do I make time for play and pleasure? :unicorn:

1 Like

I think I got to the point where being drunk on the sofa watching TV was my private head space and my only refuge. Now im sober I don’t want to run to a please of my own so much but i do need to have my own space and realise it’s ok to put me first a bit. I had a nice chat with my wife today about it . As always she is very supportive and encouraging.

2 Likes

Day 123 today. All going well. Really enjoyed my first sober Christmas and New Year. Hope 2019 treats you all well.

2 Likes