In need of people with long term clean time

I wanna hear from drug addicts and there story’s of strength and hope…granted alcohol is a drug but I’m trying to get off drugs.I’m 36 days clean and not trying to look back. I don’t want relapse to be part of my story… I just completed my 1st step, I’m feeling good with it but am afraid of the future. I’m 44 years old and have been doing drugs for 26 years. My whole way of life has to change and that’s terror to me… I’m looking for people with allot of time clean to guide me with stories of hope. I don’t want to hear about relapse or that it’s ok to relapse. I’m in this for the new way of life not to fail…

2 Likes

You may find the stories in this thread informative, inspiring and downright amazing

What it was like then and what it's like for us now. For those with a year of sobriety:

3 Likes

And breathe!
Relax, read around in here, read everything you can find that relates to where you are or how you feel. There must be thousands of topics on here from people of all walks of life and addictions who have posted about their journey and it is all at your fingertips.
If you have done step one then you should know that today is all that matters. Not tomorrow or the future. Today.
Concentrate on today and doing the next right thing. Learn from every moment, how you feel, what makes you feel good.
If you concentrate on now and doing the right thing then the future will unfold for you exactly how you want it to.
Don’t be scared of " failure" but use it as your fuel to power on.
That’s what I did.
I saw my counter going up and every day that I got further away from my last drink made me stronger.
Every day that I fought through the cravings and intrusive thoughts made me resolute that I was not going to do it again.
I knew how hard it had been to get each day.
Stay strong and keep getting stronger.

6 Likes

Hi I’m a drug addict and I’m finally living my best life away from drugs I was a crack and heroin user. I tried everything to get clean but the one thing I didn’t do was ask 4 help . The day I asked 4 help from my local drug clinic I found this app and eventually started going to meetings and work a 12 steps programme. I wake up every day and know I’ll be ok as long as i connect to my higher power and connect to my fellows. X

3 Likes

Geo alittle advice can you go through the steps yourself before finding a sponsor could you DM please so I don’t derail the thread