In Pain and letting other people get to me

My neighbors are actual weirdos/entitled aholes and I cant help but let them get to me sometimes.

The wife and daughter walk by the house and stare in the windows. I actually made eye contact with them as I was inside my house and they were outside today.

The wife also lets all her kids wander onto my property while shes watching them. Ofcourse they do it whens shes not watching as well.

Im in pain again from my neck and think they may have brought it on because of the anger.

Who does that? Shes teaching her kids its okay to look into peoples windows… and treating my land as if its theirs.

I just want to relapse and forget theyre right next door. :confounded:

Sorry for the rant. Just needed to vent.

** EDIT: I’ve decided, im going to start walking around naked inside. Maybe theyll stop looking and shield their childrens eyes and warn them about the crazy naked lady next door :rofl::rofl::rofl:***

5 Likes

I hope venting helped. You know relapsing won’t. You’re not alone as we are in this together. Keep going you’re doing better than you think. Hugs.

5 Likes

I’d get a camera for outside and then go to police and let them know.
F that; your privacy is your sanctuary. I hate nosy neighbors. I squash that right from the get go, lol

3 Likes

This is a good topic for me i need to try to keep doing what im doin and not let others get to me but the pain from my pass sucks i know what i have done. But right or wrong im the one who lives with it day to day but its hard to not let other get to me when im just trying to stay clean and other act like your friend but they are just fake :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Don’t allow those people to rent space in your head. If you drink over it, that means you’re giving them all the power. Are they really worthy of that? I don’t think so. Nosey people are just jealous in my opinion. Stand up for yourself and your home. Tell them nicely to have some respect for your privacy and keep their kids off your property.

4 Likes

Get some good privacy film to stick on the windows (I’ve got a one way mirror thing so I can see out and people can’t see in. Also maybe invest in a good fence?

4 Likes

Acceptance of People is one of the hardest things I deal with on a daily basis, especially my neighbors. Your not alone, I sure hope venting has helped some. Allowing the free rent in your head is only hurting you and not them. Not that you want to hurt them because Love and Tolerance is our code. But acceptance of others has freed me of similar scenarios I go through with my neighbors. I do like how others suggested film for your windows. I might have to get others suggestions on this so I’ll definitely be following up with how others have dealt with it or you how you will in the future besides taking a drink over it. Thanks for sharing and good luck.

8 Likes

Yeah and when i think about it makes me feel worthless. Like am i really using these people as an excuse? Theyd have no care or even an idea if i had used again it would only change my world and make me upset with myself. So I did not follow through with that. Youre right tho

Venting did help actually. It made me really think about what was going on. Like why was i so angry and how the relapse wouldnt actually help, it would make me feel worse about my life. I love my new found confidence in my sober self and would hate to see me hate myself for relapsing. If that makes sense :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: its one of the things keeping me sober. Along with signing up for school. Im so close to starting!

3 Likes

Yes thank you i prayed about this this morning. Acceptance of people even their sins because its not my place to judge. I cant condemn them. They will continue to live how they want to. All I can do is choose how I live and how I react to others.
Easier said than done, but I am working on this on a daily basis.

Thank you, I appreciate you :pray:

2 Likes

This is very true… I tend to forget this. The last thing Id want would be for them to have any power over me. I need to take control over my emotions :upside_down_face: but thank you for the stern words. I wish some family was more like this instead of pushovers to help with this situation :laughing:. I may have a talk with them nicely, or take the glass covering/one way mirror idea :bulb: route. Not sure yet :thinking:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this. I, too, am often judging the people around me (people I know and people I don’t) and it puts me into a very negative space, and my mental health declines. I’m working on accepting people for who they are, and life as it is, for there are so many things I have no control over, and I must remember: I am far from perfect and have a lot of things to work on.
It is hard though. I hold such high expectations for myself and, therefore, for the world around me too. Always learning, always growing :heart:

2 Likes