In search of an accountability partner

Hello. I’m currently 12 days into my recovery and determined to make it through the storm. Is there anyone else?

2 Likes

Hey, welcome and well done on 12 days. That first week can really be the toughest and standing by it a whole other challenge.

I found hitting up the Checking in Daily thread was really helpful. Gave me a place to touch base every day for my own accountability while witnessing and supporting others, too. Great lot of folks in there! :v:

4 Likes

Welcome to thousands of accountability partners! This is a great first step.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome!
How are you doing?

I’ve been better. Temptation is VERY strong at the moment.

Welcome to TS! Being on this forum as much as possible helps with temptations. I am usually on here in the morning and at night. Read as much as you can!

1 Like

Sorry to hear. I try to see them as waves, they come and go. It’s hard to ride them, but you can!
And like learning something new: you will be better in it when sober days go by. Distraction is the clue to beat them!

1 Like

Hey :wave: Don’t struggle alone, there is a whole community here who will try and help if you let them :blush:

If you haven’t seen the Frequently Asked Questions thread I recommend it, there are lots of great posts to browse through where you might pick up some helpful tips to get you through.

Hang in there, you got this! :facepunch:

1 Like