In search of

I just hit a week sober ,I’ve been doing AA mostly on zoom since it’s not offered in my tiny town. I was wondering how to go about finding a sponsor and also anything to keep my mind right such as hobbies or what do you guys do to keep on right track and mind right? Thank you all !

6 Likes

Hey Kayla! As far as finding a sponsor, I would recommend checking out this post:

For hobbies and things I ride my bike, ski, garden, go for walks. Physical activity and being outside are big things that help to keep me grounded and sober — In addition to meditation, yoga, journaling gratitudes & self love, cooking, checking in here on the forum and reading others posts around here daily.

3 Likes

For hobbies, take a look at your interests and build from there. Do you like art? There are coloring pages you can print from the internet or you could start from scratch and get a sketch book. Do you like to cook? Research some recipes and get busy in the kitchen. Do you like to help others? Maybe find a way to volunteer in your community and give back.

Here’s a long thread from a while back with lots of ideas, too:

Oh, and congrats on a week sober!!!

1 Like