In the early days, again

Hey all, first post. I’m in that hazy first week off alcohol where my brain is fuzzy and I have mood swings all over the place and trouble sleeping. I’ve been here before, made it 3 days, 5, a week, more times than I can remember.

One new thing I’m trying is this very site as I’ve never disclosed my alcoholism to anyone, any other suggestions for getting over that initial hump?

4 Likes

Welcome brother!

Welcome to the forums!

Have you ever been to a AA meeting?

I have once, while I appreciate what they do, I’m not one for a higher power. I’m also young (25) and in my area, felt very out of place being half the age of most other attendees

1 Like

A higher power can simply be anything that is more enlightened than ourselves. It could be the 12 step program itself, a sponsor, the universe, the collective concious, a trusted therapist… Doesn’t have to be “God”. I believe in God but have a problem thinking He is the one who can save me. I choose to believe in the authority and wisdom of the Debtor’s Anonymous program and the wisdom of people who are successfilly living a sober life using the 12 steps. They are more progressed than I am.

2 Likes

I know a lot of people in the program that don’t have a higher power. Higher power can also be the group…
Maybe you can try Narcotics Anonymous…

“Thinking of alcohol as different from other drugs has caused
a great many addicts to relapse. Before we came to NA, many
of us viewed alcohol separately, but we cannot afford to be
confused about this. Alcohol is a drug. We are people with the
disease of addiction who must abstain from all drugs in order
to recover.” NA, how it works.

1 Like

Hello dear