Inappropriate Ads

^moneybox ad

Google is the matrix. I am convinced of this.

4 Likes

And now I’m running out of likes…

Google is watching you. Right now. As you sleep.

2 Likes

As I am walking out of XYZ Bistro, google asks me to rate it. As I am sitting outside of ABC Sushi Restaurant, having never dined there, Google asks me not only to rate the place, but to take pictures of it.

Google is the Stasi…and I am being asked to inform on my neighbor. I know there is a way to opt out of all of this passive surveillance, but Google buries it so deep in their applications, I can’t find it.

And I have just about had it with these cheerful drones at the check out, asking me if I am enrolled in their particular spying program…I mean “loyalty rewards” program.

Cashier: "Do you have a Herpaderpaderp card?"
Me: "No, I don’t"
Cashier: "OK…can I have your phone number?"
Me: "Um, no."
Cashier: “If you give me your phone number, you can earn coupons for the things you buy here all the time.”

Me: “Oh, I get 10% off my next purchase of AAA batteries, and in exchange, I give you my soul?”

Cashier: “Er…Um…Er…that will be $7.99 for the batteries sir. Have a nice day.”

4 Likes

Same thing happened to me, after the update. Though i only see add for one app for meditation called Headspace. I use that app already and not gonna lie i really like the app and the add is good as well.

1 Like

If Google ads are based on what I search and do with my phone…and my ads are booze related…when I typed in “what is an alcoholic” why didn’t it say, "You, dumb ass’…would have helped out a lot…stupid google.

2 Likes

skynet

4 Likes

That’s not funny! I’ve been concerned about skynet for some time now.

1 Like

And I’m dying!

2 Likes

Is Robin part of skynet for bringing the Google into this forum?

He could be a Cyberdyne Systems T-3000. He’s out there. He doesn’t feel pain, or remorse, and he absolutely will not stop, until you click through one of these ads.

Can you stop him?

With this phone? I don’t know.

1 Like

Why do I hear those words put to music in my brain???

1 Like

Got me…

1 Like

9 characters?! Above the law! :smile:

I just paid for the app to remove the ads. I use the Google Opinion Rewards app to earn Play Store credits for buying stuff like this.

It’s actually 10 with four full-stops at the end, but looks like the forum is displaying it as an ellipsis. Thanks for the support and letting me know about that app - didn’t even know about it.

1 Like

Overlord? You mean Protector…

Enjoy my favorite Christmas song ever:

1 Like

What in the flying FUK is this trying to tell me? I got this as an ad here? Screenshot_20180816-163940

1 Like

That’s a gimmicky ad, also really tasteless.

Looks to me like some flour, a measuring spoon, a Cajun flavor injector and a muffin pan. Maybe it’s for a baking school??

1 Like

I recommend buying the app. I figure 3 bucks was a solid investment in my sobriety. Ad free is the way to be!

2 Likes