Inappropriate Content

Hi, everyone.

With the recent incident (that I won’t go into detail on), I would like to remind and encourage everyone to please flag posts or topics that you think are inappropriate for this community.

The flag is private. Only I will see it and it. I usually browse through the forum before I hit the bed, so it’s possible for me to miss something or only see it at the end of the day - especially with how much Talking Sober has grown… If you flag something to me I’ll get a notification though and I’ll see it much quicker.

So next time you see something that you think should not belong on here, let me know and I’ll look into it. I won’t always agree with everyone, and this is not a tool to remove someone’s posts you disagree. It’s a way to keep our forums clean and friendly.

Here are a few examples of things that are inappropriate:

• Illegal activities (It’s fine to talk about your drug addiction, but not to try and sell drugs to someone etc)
  • Personal attacks on other members
  • Overly negative comments that dishearten the community and adversely impact the sobriety of others
  • Something that threatens the safe environment that was created for the community
  • Unrelated spam. Example someone trying to promote their gardening services on every topic

Those are just a few random examples, and each flag will be dealt with individually, but I hope that it clears things up a bit.

If you have any questions, please ask. It’s 00:28 here, so I might have missed something :confounded:

4 Likes

So glad to hear Robin. You’ve made a great thing here! Way to protect this awesome community of support!

1 Like