Insomnia Lurks

Insomnia is tough stuff. What pulls you through?

:tea::pray::crescent_moon:

3 Likes

I would love to know as well. hehe. love the imagine you posted by the way. every night before bed I like to stare at the stars awhile from my bed through my window and try to manifest positive thoughts. sometimes it helps to relax me before bed sometimes it doesn’t lol

3 Likes

I get through it knowing I’ll be okay because if I was really that tired, I’d sleep. And I’ve been up 48 hours straight Easy. I watch tv/read/walk around the block. Clean up, go to an AA zoom, take a bath, you name it. Lay down, try and just rest. My dad once told me who cares if you don’t sleep? Resting is pretty darn good regardless. So lying in bed with your eyes closed helps.

3 Likes

Im on day 2 of no sleep…
Ive been trying to disburst the energy during the day by cleaning… Ive read two books and last night just got lost in drawing…

Coming on here and just reading peoples stories has passed the time…

6 Likes

Don’t know if this helps. But I use the Breethe app a lot. There’s many meditation apps out there. I don’t have insomnia now. I use to. But I do listen to these when I can’t sleep. Puts me out. That insomnia business really really sucks.
Any way. FWIW

3 Likes

When there is nothing that helps, I take refuge in impermanence. It can’t last forever. The payment is worth the reward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uumInvT4t9Y

I didn’t listen to this meditation but I am sure it’s a good one. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m definitely into meditation. When I did finally fall asleep I slept 6 hours and had an amazing dream. Hoping tonight is better.

1 Like

This worked for me. Not so much writing but mentally seeing the things I’m grateful for while I’m lying in bed. I think the isomnia was the worst part for me kicking booze. It passes.

2 Likes

I’m terrified of sleeping pills. One time I had severe insomnia from drinking and I saw a doctor who prescribed me some super strong drug he said would knock me right out. I took one and was up all night terrified I’d be up forever. I’m probably rare but I sleep really well only if I have nothing in me. And I don’t drink caffeine after noon

1 Like

I had hoped it was the drinking that worsened my insomnia, but nope. I have tried it all, every proposed remedy, and I still suffer. Yep, it stinks. I can only offer empathy.

2 Likes

Also, it goes without saying, but I turn my digital clock away when I go to bed. I’ve done that as long as I can remember.

1 Like

Last night was better, but I forgot to set my alarm and woke up an hour late. :joy: