Insomnia woes

I never realised how much I drank just so I could sleep! Even though the quality of sleep I got was shit and I’d be up most of the night peeing at least I had a few hours! Today I will be mainly be hanging but at least it’s not because I got smashed the night before, and this phase passes eventually. What does everyone else do to help with the insomnia x

2 Likes

Hot baths before bed with Epsom salts
400 mg of magnesium, before bed
Daytime
Multi B vitamin, with extra B3 (niacin) 100 mg
Niacin helps with anxiety and depression
Vitamin c and d
Also a multi vitamin…
Also I downloaded a sleep tracker for my phone… And I love it… Sleep cycle… It really doesn’t do anything, lol, but I find peace in seeing my sleep.

And the most IMPORTANT thing about sleep is to go easy on yourself and be gentle on your thoughts… I use to get so mad because I couldn’t sleep but now I talk gently to myself… Like I am talking to my child, and it works…

Best to you

Going through the exact same thing right now. It’s 11:30pm and I should be getting tired but I’ll probably be up until 3 or 4am. It’s hard being anxious at night but just know you aren’t alone.

Wake up same time every morning
Vitamins and lots of water in the morning
Yogurt and fruit breakfast
Tons of exercise
Greens and protein lunch
Epsom salt bath and magnesium vitamin at night
Brain food dinner (greens, fish or light protein, fruit)
Read good stuff (recovery) at bedtime instead of electronics
Go to bed same time every evening
Listen to guided meditation on youtube if you wake up and can’t sleep

I suffer from insomnia, mostly because of drinking to much (every weekend), it made me have insomnia from monday to wednesdays sometimes thursdays. Then i repeted this cycle.

My remedy is: stop drinking alcohol, it disturbs the GABA receptors in the brain regulating sleeping and anexiety.

While you have the insomnia, try to exercise, drink water, eat healthy, take long baths, if you smoke try to not smoke 4hours before bedtime, read before you sleep.

If you cant sleep, dont think about it, try to listen to calm music, i can really recommend ASMR channels on youtube.

Best of luck!