Interesting local photos of your surroundings

I’ve been getting alerts as well. There are fires throughout Washington too. The whole west coast is burning up. The smoke is pretty thick here also.

It’s disgusting outside! Makes me not want to go outside, but then I get stir crazy haha and I had been planning on hiking near St. Helens last weekend, but when I looked up the webcam, I could hardly see the outline of it, so I didn’t go.

Yeah, not much for the view. Wait until fall. Perfect time to go. The fires die down and the weather gets cooler so you dont burn up on your hikes. Less people also, since kids are in school.

This is the harbour in the town I live in.

9 Likes

Excellent! I shall wait until fall!

1 Like

9 Likes

Wow, absolutely beautiful! I’m in the wrong place haha

1 Like

That’s such a shame.

Wow!!! Gorgeous!!! I clearly need to travel more!!

1 Like

Stunning!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

1 Like

My walk from my car to my house…it’s been progressively getting more hazy outside

3 Likes

8 Likes

Some photos from work. I’m a field biologist.

9 Likes

Paddleboarding on the lake

5 Likes

Good morning! I like the effect the haze has on the sunlight. I also enjoy the flowers. Thank you for sharing.

Weimdog, that looks a lot like my surroundings!! I live in a rural area. Thank you for sharing.

I very much enjoy nature and wildlife. I really like the photos you shared!! I love turtles by the way. A biologist? Wow. Do you enjoy your work?

Thank you for sharing Starkamp! I love being on or in water. I find it soothes my soul very much! Is that a kayak?

1 Like

Thanks. I live in rural America with convience an hour away. The best of both worlds to me. This is at the trail head to a rail trail here. I believe it’s 65 miles long, but I’ve only made it to the one mile mark! Baby steps!

1 Like

I live in Canada. I’m half an hour away from our city’s downtown core. I will take some photos of my backyard to show you and my garden!! :smile: and one mile is nothing to sneeze at! Good for you!!!