Into my third day

Hey all

Just into my 3rd day mood is up and down but feeling good at the miniute how is everybody else feeling today :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Well done on 3 days, :muscle::star2::star2::pray:. I’m feeling tired ,too much :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Congrats on getting to day 3, first 10 were the hardest for me. The mood thing get better as times goes on so just dig your heels in and get ready for a while ride.

Do you have some supports in place???

Great work in three days, you are doing great! Plenty of self care is a good tool when you’re up and down. Nice baths or showers, hot chocolates and lots of naps. It does even out eventually. :pray:t2::two_hearts: I’m meeting myself coming back at the moment with work, going back after lockdowns is full on but I’m trying to be kind to myself. I find breathing exercises really helpful when I get overwhelmed. Keep going my friend, together we can do this ! :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Not really Much support iam on my own most of the time… Determined to kick this once and for all

1 Like

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face: that’s what iam kind of doing go to work come home and just keep myself away to make it harder to give into the temptation just taken it each day at a time

1 Like

That’s amazing! Is there anything you’re finding doing which is helping? I’ve started rubbing but open to ideas from others! :heart:

1 Like

Iam just keeping to myself at the miniute to be honest I’ve deleted all my dealers numbers ect to try to avoid temptation… For me last night was a big challange as I’d usually come home with alcohol and cocaine and go on it for the night usually every wednsday night but last night was the first time In a very long time that I didn’t. It was hard but feeling great today that I managed to stay away from it. Iam starting with a personnel training on Monday, aswell so for me that’s another thing to keep my mind busy :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I get that… spending my mornings working out at the moment… it was always just alcohol for me but got to the stage where I would drink anything at any time of the day… I associated thirst with needing alcohol… I have no access to my bank card or anything now which is frustrating but I get it… lots to prove. I’m off to AA tomorrow night and nervous as hell…

2 Likes

:arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up: This is awesome! Every time we do this, every time we don’t use our DOC we become stronger! Keep flexing the sober muscles :muscle:t2: :clap:t2::clap:t2:

4 Likes

It’s really hard to do this on our own, so if you have nothing else might I suggest leaning heavily on this forum as your support.
The more tools you have in your “tool box” the better equipped you will be to fight those urges when they come.
I love your determination.
Some of us use a daily check in thread maybe you would like to join us there to stay accountable??
Checking in daily to maintain focus #31

And some of us write on a gratitude thread to stay thankful for our amazing lives now we are sober!!!
Daily Gratitude List #2

Hopefully a couple of things that we have found useful to keep us on the straight and narrow you can find useful too.

Keep reaching out, you are so worth the freedom of recovery.
:pray::heart::pray:

2 Likes

How do you get those links to threads in your posts???..

The “insert hyperlink” button.

1 Like

[> Blockquote](http://Checking In )
Hmmmm… I’ll work on figuring that out!:flushed::joy:

I’m really struggling today! So many emotions! And my bodies not feeling too good either. But I keep telling myself I forgive myself and I can…

2 Likes