Introducing myself to help commit

Hello. I have been using this app on and off for about 3 or more years. I read through the conversations on days I’m feeling very motivated to start fresh and be sober. On other days I hear my morning alerts go off and reset the clock admitting to another failed attempt. Drinking has always been a part of my life, coming from a line of alcoholics and beginning drinking myself at far too young of an age. I realized that it became a problem for me about 3 years ago and have been struggling to get away from it since. My longest sober stretch was about 1.5 months this past year, otherwise averaging about 3 days.

I don’t know that I am ready to share my story yet, but felt that creating this initial post may be a good start. Last drink was around 1 yesterday…but I’m hopeful that I can make it stick this time.

-Rhi

24 Likes

Welcome Rhi! :wave: It’s nice to meet you. We’re all finding our healthy path here, so you’re not alone.

You have courage. You are capable. You’re a good person and you deserve a safe life where you respect yourself. :innocent:

6 Likes

Welcome Rhi.
After my first post. I wasn’t afraid to put it all out there. Besides it wasn’t very much.
I just did gratitude. I did my gratitude list on here and just posted what I was grateful for. I knew I wouldn’t have to interact with people. After all it was just posting what I’m grateful for each day I’m sober. I never knew where to join in and I just felt safe posting my gratitude every day.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Maybe try a meeting might help wish you well

2 Likes

Welcome! :purple_heart: May this be the start of lasting sober journey in the better life that you deserve.

1 Like

Welcome! You’re story sounds a lot like mine. I’m on day 10, after many failed attempts. I made a lot of changes this time around, including cutting people off. You got this! :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Welcome Rhi There’s a great community of people on this app who will listen and share their advice without judgement whenever you do decide to post. Hopefully you stick around. :v:

2 Likes