Introduction to my self destruction

Hello all, I’ll make this brief as to what pushed me to find this app and join.
I’m a 30 year old mom of 5, married and have absolutely everything going for me. I have struggled with addiction since I was 15. I’ve done drugs, sex but my weakness is alcohol. I’ve relapsed countless times. I’ve had a DUI and been in trouble with the law because of my actions while drinking. This past week my husband and I found the home we want to make our own, put in a bid and it was accepted! We decided “let’s have a drink to celebrate” after weeks of sobriety that one drink turned into a nightmare! I don’t want to be this way anymore, I don’t want to drink to feel good, I don’t want to drink to hide my feelings or my stress. My kids and my husband deserve so much better than an alcoholic. I need help and support!

6 Likes

Welcome Tika! It sounds like you are motivated to change, and this is a great place to find resources to help you. I’ll tag on some of our moms who can relate more directly to you.

@Solanaceae , @Hollz , @MrsOdh, @MoCatt are a good crew to start with!

And here’s a thread I like a lot.

Blessings on your house :pray: as you begin your journey.

4 Likes

Hello and welcome, 36 y/o Mom of three here. Married, and nowdays sober. Believe me I’ve done it all too. More than once, but eventually last year I ended up here. I did have a relapse with alcohol, which has been my biggest addiction for years. But after that I managed to come back, and now I’m almost one year sober. It is most definitely doable. I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy. But I’m sure you can do this. We’re all here to help and support you. My best advice is to use the check in daily thread as often as you need in the begging. And as a lot of people probably already says take one day at a time. One hour or even one minute of that’s what you’ll need.
Also remember that the journey is different for everyone.

4 Likes

Good to see your here, great start! Alot of suggestions on how we’re staying sober, read often an reach out when feeling the urge to pick up. Become involved with your local sober community, help others, share your story and just take it a day at a time. Wish u well in your recovery!:pray:

1 Like