iOS display bug: Addictions are not showing

Hello everyone,

The latest version of iOS is currently experiencing a display bug. It doesn’t affect everyone, but it causes your app to not load your data.

If you open your app and some or all of your addictions are not showing - don’t panic. This is just a display bug and your data is still there.

I fixed this in an update that I sent to the App Store on Saturday. The update is currently in review and will be published by Apple shortly, but since they don’t operate over weekends we can probably expect it on Monday.

Once you get the update your data will display normally again. There’s nothing you need to do, but please don’t uninstall or reinstall your app as this will delete the app’s data.

As mentioned earlier this doesn’t affect everyone. It only happens to people who have reset their trackers and it only happens on certain resets from certain prior versions of the app. Unfortunately even having one of those “old” resets is enough to cause the addiction to not load properly. Although I didn’t change anything with the resets in this update, the way null values are handled changed a bit with the newer software versions and this is what’s causing the bug.

I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing for those affected. It will be fixed soon.

Edit: This has now been resolved. Please update your apps to the latest version on the App Store.

Robin

16 Likes

Thanks so much Robin!

2 Likes

Thanks Robin. It just this minute happened to me. So relieved to know you’re on top of it. :pray:

1 Like

The new version is now available on the App Store. Please update your apps to resolve the issue.

2 Likes

I realize I sound silly …. But how do I update my app? :pensive:

Just updated mine, thanks Robin :+1:

Did you go to the App Store ? I can’t figure out how to do it and don’t want to lose everything. :grimacing:

Yep! I went to the App Store then clicked on the app and when you go to the app’s main page it should have an option to update at the top (like under the name of the app).

2 Likes

Thank you so much !! :pray::cherry_blossom:

1 Like

You’re welcome! Good luck :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

All up and running again! :pray:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

All fixed !!! Thanks again Nordique ! :slightly_smiling_face::dizzy:

1 Like

Updated and good to go. Thank you so much @Robin for this app and the Maintance that goes with it.

1 Like

Hi @marlas this was fixed quite a while ago. What trouble are you experiencing?