Is 5 days an accomplishment?

It is an accomplishment. I remember 5 days. I remember a week, a month, and especially a year.
I have a “Sober Song”. I will hear it once in a while on Spotify, but every landmark day, I play it for myself. It used to be every week then it went to every month now it once a year.
It marks the date that Higher Power and many others have helped me reach.

3 Likes

You need to cut yourself a bit of slack there Ryan, of course 5 days is a milestone. It’s the worst 5 days over. And with a partner who still drinks? A pretty damn fine start!

2 Likes

Thanks old friend.

1 Like

Any day I put my head on my pillow and fall asleep sober is a blessing. Good job on 5 day! The first one are tough!

1 Like

Definitely man congratulations on 5 days :muscle: :tada: :sparkler: :sparkler:

1 Like

If I may ask, which song is it?

(I’m 12 days sober now btw, still going strong and would like to celebrate 2 weeks sober in 2 days with a song! :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

@alpine_1975…sure is!! So is 6…7…8…

It isn’t everyone’s style but it so reflects the day to day tragedy and struggle if addiction. Plus KK is amazing. Rhodes Scholar, Helicopter pilot in Vietnam, taught at West Point and walked away from it all to be a Country singer.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vbqGWTxwZEA

Happy sober day to me,
Happy sober day to me,
Happy sober day Dear??? err Me,
Happy sober day to me.
:wink::rofl:

1 Like

EVERY DAY HOUR AND MINUTE CLEAN IS AN ACCOMPLISHMENT TO AN ADDICT!! Congratulations!! Keep up the great work to your self!!

Heck yes!!!

I think its a huge amount bud, honestly the 1st week is probably the hardest part, for me but everyone is different. Good job on staying clean for 5 days :+1:

1 Like

Oh hell yes it is! I woke up to day 5 today and I haven’t made 5 days in a row for a long time. For me the first month is the hardest but every day sober is a win :tada::confetti_ball:

3 Likes

Absolutely it is !
Five days leads to a week, then a fortnight, then a month… and on and on.
Good job !

2 Likes

Today is the milestone brother. Congrats on multiple today’s. One day at a time my friend.

All days are accomplished when ur sober

1 Like

I think that’s HUGE. Well done!

2 Likes

Every day is a miracle in my eyes the best advice I can give even though I’m new to the community is to get a sponsor, take suggestions, go to meetings, and get a higher power. So far it’s worked for me I got a little over 4 months clean right now

1 Like

Hello, I appreciate the comment. I’m happy AA is and has been working for you. I have found solace and comfort in meetings in the past. I have also had different types of sponsors. The 12 step program isn’t for me however. I can take a lot of the positive from AA and put that in my toolbox, but there are certain things I can’t fully commit to “the higher power” thing even though your higher power doesn’t necessarily have to be God.

3 Likes

Hell yes it is! Congratulations sir! :muscle: :grinning:

1 Like