Is anybody here trying to quit food addiction (binge eating, over eating)?

I am asking because this is why I installed this app and I wanted to know if it helped you. What is your story and what advice do you have for someone struggling with binge eating disorder? I would really appreciate it if people would like to PM (if that is a function here, I am unsure).

A little bit about me: I had my first anorexia episode in 2009 and it transformed into bulimia around 2011, in 2013 I relapsed again and was anorexic. Then around 2016 I started to gain significant weight. I am now +30kg more than my lowest. Last year I was diagnosed with depression and traits of a personality disorder (borderline) by my psychiatrist. I’ve been taking an antidepressant and antipychotic for a little over a year and it made me less depressed for a while, but then it made me gain weight and now I’m equally depressed. I don’t know how to control myself not to eat. It’s all I think about and the only joy I get is from eating. A lot and pretty unhealthy. It’s starting to mess up my social and work life too. So, that is me. What about you?

1 Like

Actually yes, I was classified with an eating disorder as well as borderline personality by my psychologist. Since borderline personality disorder peeps abuse alcohol and drugs that’s when I knew that I probably needed to give up alcohol in order to address my eating disorder. Giving up the alcohol has helped me think clear and I’m slowly healing myself day by day and working on self-love. I’ve also used the sober app to help me keep the daily log of meditation. Since borderline personality disorder also has anxiety as part of it, didn’t we just get the best cards dealt?, I’ve had to really work on letting emotions pass including when I’m craving food or if I’m even restricting binging because I’m punishing myself for my weight.

Try meditation, 5 minutes is plenty. Journaling has also been helping me. There’s also a couple of really good books that my psychologist told me about and then I’ve purchased a couple more on self-love and eating disorders.

Good luck on your journey.

1 Like

I can relate…
Before I decided I was an alcoholic, I decided I was over weight after I had my son. My mom introduced me to weight watchers and I’ve been trying to stay on top of that as well. I love food, and it’s a constant battle trying to say sober, as well as eat right.
It was my body image issues that really made me want to change the way I ate. It worked.
The program gives you tools for weight loss. It helped me cut a lot of my cravings &eat better.
Not sure if this helps you.

2 Likes

yep. I’m on here for my soda pop addiction first and when I feel ready to address it my over eating of fast food.

1 Like