Is anyone here struggling with opioid recovery?

I have briefly looked through the Q&As, is this site for alcohol recovery only?

No, in a recovering heroin addict. Welcome

Hi I’m also a recovering crack and heroin addict x

I’m a recovering drug (pain pills) addicts. Hitting 18 months clean yesterday I don’t “struggle” anymore, but I still only take it one day at a time. Here’s my advice to you, NEVER CRAVE ALONE. If you want to use, reach out to someone. How much clean do you have? We’re here to help you in any way we can.

2 Likes

Well done I’m so pleased for you … I’m 9 months into my journey i did have a relapse 32day ago and I reminded me why I choose sobriety. I do lots of meetings and check in on here each day. Life is so much better clean x

2 Likes

Thank you everyone! I actually found this site through an app and the timing couldn’t have been better.
I am 3 years into my journey. I had 2 years sobriety in and relapsed last December. It took me longer then I like to admit to get help this time but I have been clean since August 20th of this year.
Since the first moment of clariety in my journey, I have struggled with learning how to live sober again and cooing with cravings - I find talking does help but what about those moments of pure loneliness…any advice?

1 Like

My relapse is currently my burden alone with the exceptuon of my husband who is also an addict and who also relapsed and is still using. Sometimes I feel like im goung crazy, like my shame is consuming me and this rollercoaster is going to be the rest of my life…

I’ve found being on this app has helped me so much I used to feel lonely alot but I get on here now and it takes my head of things and keeps me in recovery moad ! Have you tried aa or na meetings ? There a great way to meet soba friends who all understand our struggle. If u get to meetings your never be lonely again x

1 Like

Can I get a double amen Sister? Forums are fine, meetings are where the real miracles happen

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more x

Thank you everyone! This site and all of your comments helpped me get through on of my most difficult nights yets.

1 Like