Is feeling emotional part of the journey?

Hi all , I’ve got to 2 weeks without alcohol today and pleased with that however yesterday I started feeling really low and emotional and it’s no better today . I feel like I’ve got no energy to do anything , I feel tearful and unsociable , which isn’t like me. Has anyone else felt like this or am I just having a bad few days .

9 Likes

Thank you I’m glad it’s okay. I went to bed at 6 o’clock last night, I told the kids I wasn’t well , just wanted to sleep. I hate feeling like this though, I’m usually the one playing fun games and taking them out to the park but didnt feel up to it,. Hopefully it will get better.

1 Like

Ooooh yes… oh yes it is lol

I’ve had full on cry attacks in my car without any real clear reason

2 Likes

Very normal. I cannot recommend “This Naked Mind” by Annie Grace enough. The book explains all of the chemical changes that your brain goes through during recovery. Congrats on 2 weeks!

1 Like

Heck ya it is! I cried over E V E R Y T H I N G! I drank my emotions away for decades and the came rushing out. Embrace it! It gets better

2 Likes

We actually have been discussing this exact thing over the last couple of days over in this thread! You’re not alone!

2 Likes

Thank you for this , I’ve had a read through and it’s good to know I’m not the only one.

4 Likes