Is my Instagram a problem?

I have no problems with social media, however I think it is important to know that a fresh start requires a clean slate in ALL areas of your life. For me, that meant deleting all old social media. IG, FB, EMAIL, CHANGE PHONE NUMBER…Then I was very selective about who I allowed to follow or friend…always offering support messages to those who were still in active addiction, but telling them to contact me again after they’ve been clean 30 days. Then, promptly deleting them again. It’s a boundary I’m not willing to let down, probably ever. Everyone I socialize with is in recovery. I feel that even though I’ve got some clean time (7+ months), it only takes one seemingly unrelated decision to take me back to a criminal and active addiction lifestyle. Some may not have the same belief, but it works for me. The people I’ve met in recovery have been the most nonjudgmental and supportive folk. Right now, that’s all I need.

3 Likes

It’s a big step but I think I need to do the same.
Thank you for your advice!

I’m constantly amazed by the way that cannabis is painted as a totally harmless, non-addictive drug. I think it’s a lie that means many people are much more careless about its use than they should be.

The world needs more powerful testimonies about the real consequences of using cannabis. I agree with YodaStevie that you could use the account to share your true journey with your followers. Who knows who you might help along the way.

2 Likes

True, Cannabis isn’t a bad drug I just used for the wrong reasons. But it can be used for amazing purposes