Is someone available to talk please?

It would be great to talk with someone right now. Many thanks

2 Likes

Hey! I’m just checking in quickly so not around to chat but I think you’re new so I just wanted to say hi and welcome :wave:

There is loads of information and advice on this site, do take some time to have a read through and use the search bar if there’s anything on particular you want to think more about. This is a great thread and reading through it/all the links in it is a good way of keeping busy if that’s what you need!

Catch up soon!

1 Like

Hey! I’m up. 5:53 am here. Stinking cold so can’t sleep.

2 Likes

I can’t chat now friend, but I will pray for u. Go to AA meeting if u can and be happy, u are starting a new life. One day at time. U are stronger than u know. Trust in God. God bless u. We talk soon. Use this app. People is great. U can do it!!!

1 Like

Hey there hope your OK, I read your other post and I can definitely relate. I too am totally miserable right now because of addiction and what it has done to my life and relationship. I have tried to stop on my own a few times and has worked for a limited time but when I felt better and told myself just one won’t hurt I always end up in the same hell. I have come to realize that I can’t just have one and I need to reach out and ask for help. I have joined an AA meeting which is something I have never done before, will also be reaching out to another meeting to help deal with anxiety. I know I need to do things differently this time and talking about your situation with people who’ve been there and will not judge you definitely helps, God bless you.

2 Likes

Thank you Sarah, how can I help myself feel better? Have you sky tips?

Tell us about yourself. Is it nighttime where you are, or day?

1 Like

Its morning. I’m living in Denmark

1 Like

Thank you, your words help :blush: I keep telling myself for many months, just one but it is never the case. I have to just stop!

1 Like

I’d love to visit Denmark one day.

It does get better, I promise. I used to drink all day, every day. Now I don’t want a drink. 328 days without alcohol and my life has changed more than I could’ve imagined.

I don’t know about you but making plans helps me. Write down what you are going to do today. Will you be at work? At home? What are your plans for today?

Forget about yesterday. Don’t worry about tomorrow. You only have today.

7 Likes