Is there a thread for parents on here?

mom of 2 teen boys 17 and 14:-)

I am legit scared to have 4 teenagers running around.
Haha! Soaking up this super crazy but super lovey time while it lasts.

2 Likes

Right. I am working towards finding my inner truth so I can be of some assistance when they are in search if their own.
Always keeping myself open and honest about any life questions they may have… even as children, in the age of questions.

1 Like

Here’s one.
My almost 3 year old is a tornado from the second he wakes up until he goes to sleep. Destroying everything in his path.

But yesterday morning he blew my mind. I was drinking my morning coffee at 5am and guess who comes walking into the living room?? He says “hi Dada” and comes and lays on my chest… now, this kid don’t cuddle… ever. So I took the opportunity for some cuddles

We both woke up 2 hours later!! It was very much worth being late to work for

11 Likes

Mom son actually turns 17 next week and today he drove to school by himself for the 1st time. I actually LOVE teenage boys, sooo much easier then say ages 7 to 14:-)

There is nothing more comforting than holding a sleeping kid!
All the natural oxytocin.
I still remember the feeling of being held my mom and dad as a kid.

I only have one boy…
3 girls.
My boy is the easiest. He is so understanding and so helpful!
My 2 year old is a literal devil. Haha!

I hear ya. I wouldn’t drink until after all the kids were in bed…but then they’d wake up and see the empty wine bottle. I know this is for them. It’d be nice to have a place to talk about parental stuff.

2 Likes

There have been some posts about kids, I think, but this can be a new one. I have two kids. I mostly drank after they were asleep (not that that is better, I live in an earthquake prone country) but in the last couple of years of my drinking they saw me drunk or passed out way more than they should have. My son, 11, is rather sensitive and has ADHD. He hates throwing anything away, even random bits of stuff he made at school. My daughter is a determined, social 7 year old. Sober 7 months now, and so glad to be on top of homework and helping my son, and my daughters friends can pop around whenever and it doesn’t matter, I am not tipsy or sleeping.

2 Likes

Everything for them, right?
I truly believe that it is my path to end the ancestral trauma. I am very invested in ancestral and shadow work and I know that whatever I can heal now, wont get passed on to them.
It is so much work but, I’m here for it.

1 Like

My son does not like throwing anything away either. When I do my monthly sweep through the house and get all the clothes and toys to donate, it’s best if he isnt here. Haha!
My other kids dont care, they give me things they want to give away.

It always feels good to be on top of all the responsibilities. I thrive when I have a daily routine and all of my to do lists are completed.

That’s wonderful, Gabe.

1 Like

Awwwwww Gabe…I love this!

Yep…those snuggles are priceless.

2 Likes

I love this ive been keeping an eye out for one as well it necer occured to me to start one lol

I was a stay at home mom for years. Then homeschool for a bit.
Ive got 3 girls 4, 5 and 8

1 Like

We are in our first year of homeschooling. I really enjoy it so far but keeping a structure routine has been hard. Especially with 2 kids 2 and under.

2 Likes

ANYTHING for them. I’m trying to stop the same ancestral shadow work. It’s hard. So hard.

It sure is. I finally sent mine back to class. It was literally driving me insane. I didn’t like who I was becoming.

It is hard. I just feel like some strange cosmic center between the past and the future. I know I have support from those who have come before me, and that speaks volumes to my soul.

1 Like

I’m still on the fence about next school year. We’ll see what happens I guess.

Of the haircut? Oh yeah! Hahaha