Is there a way to block people on here?

I’m wondering if theres a way to block people from showing up in threads? I’ve noticed one person on here that is just fucking ridiculous. They remind me of Marla Swinger from fight club. Constantly stringing sentences of bullshit together trying to appear relevant. Sounding pretentious and condescending almost every post (and theres alot of posts). If there’s a way to do this can someone explain how? Thanks

9 Likes

You can mute threads

1 Like

You can mute people, too. It will help keep you sane, or at least less annoyed. Go to your preferences and then select users.

2 Likes

I like the threads. It’s just one person i dont want to read

Thank you. This is exactly what i want to do

1 Like

This is the screen. Tap your icon at the top then name to find Preferences. In the right drop down choose Users and you’ll see this screen. :point_up:

You can then add them with that +Add button.

Or instead you can tap the person’s name if you see them to pull up their profile and set them from Normal to Muted or Ignored directly.

1 Like

Thank you. I cant do this quick enough.

Does this have to be done on a computer? I’m on mobile.

Nope! That’s all on mobile.

You can’t ignore or mute moderators directly from their profile :grinning:
I think we’ve all learnt something today :+1:

8 Likes

Yeah, sorry. You’re stuck with me and so am I. :pensive:

9 Likes

I’m wondering if you can add yourself to your ignore user list?
LoL

8 Likes

If this idiot is a moderator I’m probably leaving this app

I highly doubt they are. The moderators here are really fantastic

12 Likes

If you think it is not just you who would be offendde by it you can complain to staff. Three dots at the bottom of the post/reply and click on the screen or post it privately to moderators. :+1:

1 Like

I just want to ignore said person. Its that simple. I dont need to report anyone. Why is this such a big deal?

1 Like

It’s no big deal. @Piglet just trying to help.

I like to think there’s room for everyone on this app, but just like the real world, it makes complete sense to avoid certain posts/users if they aren’t helpful to your sobriety - and more so if they trigger. It can happen. I’ve been there. But I don’t think you should go. :orange_heart:

5 Likes

Relax, its not a big deal. People are just trying to help you and offer advice.

6 Likes

Haha i get that and im trying to take said advice. I just want to not see someones posts.

1 Like