Isolation & feeling lonely

My world came crashing down Sept. 2016. I’ve worked hard to get where I am but it all still feels wrong. I’m so uncomfortable with alone time, I wanna crawl out of my own skin. At the same time I feel like suck a loser that any attempts at meeting new people have failed due to my own negative self talk. I have no family & no friends because they all still use… Heavily! Grrr

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear of your struggles. Can I ask if you go to meetings? That’s a pretty good place to meet sober people to begin with. But here is where my thoughts go on the other half. You have the choice to be miserable and full of negativity or you can work on yourself to start to live life. There are some posts today that might help you use search feature and look for @Oliverjava meditation challenge just made today. It seems that is a place to start If you only focus on the negative you’ll never accept the positive. Maybe I can tag you in one of them might be easier

3 Likes

Thanks for your positive words. As far as meetings I can’t attend them right now due to being in high intensity outpatient treatment but when I’m out yes I do go to meetings. Usually 4-5 nights per week

I’m sorry for your struggles. I’ve been blessed with my family and friends. I had always been quite a loner and wanting to do it (life) on my own. I didn’t want anyone to know about my problems. Since my son’s addiction became worse, I came to a point that I had to open up. Luckily, I have experienced support from people I thought would never understand, from people I barely even knew before. But, I still like solitude because it gives me peace to a point. Since my son’s descent into addiction and receiving unexpected suppert, I realized that I need to open up more.
I admire you for your strength. You will get through this. If you ever need to talk or vent, I am here. Everyone needs a team rooting for them and I hope to be part of your team. You can do this. You are not alone. You are loved.