Isolation Office!

Quarantine hair and office! Ready to get some sunshine and put the week behind me!

4 Likes

How’s the work week from home? Any interesting side zoom chat gossips going on? LOL

Not really loving it, lol!! I need to be around people to draw my energy. So hard to focus and concentrate for me especially without meds and booze!

1 Like

I hear you! It’s very hard for me to focus working from home too. I have some freedom to go back and forth as a real estate agent which is nice. What do you do for work?

1 Like

I work for a healthcare research company. Great job; it’s just that my character defects of anxiety kick in real hard sometimes. Have distractions from kids, but that’s good and bad sometimes!

1 Like

There is a really cool app called “Insight timer”. I’m not sure if meditation is your thing because it really isn’t mine but I have been giving it a try and it has been really great for me. It’s got 5 minute guided meditation audios which has been great for centering myself and mindfulness exercising. It’s super relaxing and helps with the anxiety and “distraction mind”. They’ve got some for focus which are great. Consider it! Keep some tea on your desk for that extra ease of mind. Little things can make all of the difference. Aromatherapy oils may help too. You can’t change the environment for now but you can certainly alter it in little ways by shifting the focus a little bit. I can’t wait til this is over and we can get back to our crazy lives! lol

1 Like

That’s awesome thanks so much!! I think it’s totally what’s been at the root of my addiction since I was a kid. - just can’t get comfortable in my own skin. I do like the idea of mindfulness and meditation; just don’t put it into action like I should. I’m gonna give yours a try. I’ve been listening to an interesting podcast - unf*ck your mind. It’s geared more towards women but she goes straight on with topics like this😊

1 Like

Sorry it’s: unf*ck Your Brain, Kara Loewentheil.

1 Like

I’m always looking for a good personal development podcast! Thank you Rickey. We only change for the better when we get unconventional and uncomfortable. I hope working from home gets better on your sober journey. :pray:t5:

1 Like

Great chatting with you and I hope you have a great weekend!!

1 Like