It really is possible to recover

But let me tell you…

It’s not as simple as not picking up your addiction, some of us have many years using this addiction as our coping strategy. Thats something that can’t be dismissed in a day!

Surround yourself with people who are in recovery because these are the people you can really get support from… Don’t get me wrong families and friends will be there for you but only an addict like yourself can really understand the torture and pain we go through to stop using! They can cut through the bullc**p, they can see the fight that you are having. Even when your response is I’m fine, I’m not struggling

Be kind to yourself, we internally fight with the over powering emotions of regret, shame, impulsive thoughts, anger, hatred etc alot of us don’t think we are worth any kinda of love from ourselves because of the damage and unkindness we have spun out over the years… Giving yourself that little bit of kindness will help you to understand that most the wrongs you did was because of addiction not who you really are to the core.

Look to the present and future, nothing in your past can help you discover your full potention in recovery… Take one day at a time and know the more you put into yourself the better your future will flourish!

There is no person walking the face of earth who demonstrate more courage, dignity, honesty and integrity on a daily basis than an addict in recovery

19 Likes

This is beautiful!

3 Likes

Very well said, Danni. Great advice!

1 Like

This is a Gem ! :pray:

1 Like

Profound. Thank you for sharing. Good to have you back sis! :heartpulse:

1 Like

Spot on! Thank you for sharing this :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like