It’s Day One—again

I’ve relapsed again. I am an alcoholic binge drinker who has fallen off the wagon again. I really want it to work this time. I am so afraid of losing my family, my job, my friends, or my life. I am excited to get started and to be involved in this community.

17 Likes

Welcome! I’m also new in here, only 5 days sober. I’m really glad you’re sober again! Every minutes counts, we have only this moment. Stay strong!

8 Likes

Welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman:
Glad you have joined us. It is full of such supportive and caring people here.

Hope to see you around :hugs:

5 Likes

Thank you for welcoming me into the group. I really want this to stick this time. I appreciate the encouragement!

2 Likes

Thank you! I can’t wait to move forward and do it right this time. So thankful to have found this community :two_hearts:

2 Likes

You can do it… And do remember to pray, theres no better medicine/healing than prayer specially in times like this.

3 Likes

These feelings you have are common unfortunately. Very early withdrawal is not a fun experience. Then again, niether is active addiction.

Good news is you have the desire to stop, but going it alone isn’t going to work and this is great place to start!

You can borrow my sober plan for now until you get your own, but in the meantime go easy on yourself and give yourself grace. :blush:

DO NOT PICK UP THAT 1st DRINK!!

1. Trust God. Always and w/everything. Let go & let God. Nothing is impossible!

2. Be kind. Show compassion, love and forgiveness to yourself (and others). You ARE worthy! :people_hugging:

3. One day at a time. We are only promised today. Be in the present. :man_in_lotus_position:

4. Sleep. Blessed sleep. :sleeping:

5. Exercise, Nature & Yoga. :muscle:

6. Eat a good diet and drink lots of water. :stew: :potable_water:

7. Laughter. Fun. Joke. Smile. Joy. :blush:

8. Build a network of positive people who support your sobriety. Find your tribe over time. The opposite of addiction is connection. :people_hugging:

9. Check your thoughts. Talk back to your inner critic. Feelings aren’t facts. Get out of your comfort zone. :thinking:

10. Be of service to others. :sos:

11. When you think you’re “cured”, you’re not! Play the tape forward!! Hold the bad addict memories close, but don’t dwell on them.

12. Monitor the content you feed your mind and stay busy. Read books. Journalling :writing_hand:

13. Mindfulness and Prayer. BREATHE!
    :pray:

14. Be accountable to God at the end of the day. Do the next right thing. Make the next right choice. The wages of sin is death. Don’t be selfish! :latin_cross:

15. Honor yourself, your children, your family and your friends by “doing the work”. :family_man_girl_girl:

16. Express gratitude every day. :pray:

17. Positive Mental Attitude. :brain:

8 Likes

Welcome here Cynthia,
I’m sorry about the relapse, it’s hard to cope with.
Do you know what made you relapse? It can help to look where the relapse started and that is usualy much earlier then the moment we pick up our first drink. As I think back of my last relapse almost 6 years ago I know I was romaticizing alcohol for days maybe weeks. And I let it. I let it grow untill it was that big and I picked up.
Knowing that now makes me more aware to prevent myself for a new one. And I knew I had to do more to make my sobriaty more solid.
So what where youre signs? What can you do to avoid a relapse and make your recovery stronger this time? What can you add?
Recovery is hard work, but worth the work!
If I can, so can you :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Maybe try a meeting might help helped me. its good to try every prosses of recovery available see what suits you wish you well

4 Likes

Glad to see you here hun!!! Sometimes on our road to sobriety we run into potholes on the way, or even sections of the road that need total repair!! Don’t despair for having to start Again…At least you are starting again…restart as many times as you need, it took me 5 times restarting and I got so disgusted with my self, but I didn’t quit trying…
I am sending prayers :pray: biggest bear hugs possible via internet and love. We are here for you :heart:

4 Likes

I love this so much. So many of these points resonate so loudly. Thank you for sharing these with me.

Welcome Cynthia,
This is a great place for support.
And lots of great information.
I’m glad you found us.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

If youre still here, youre not struggling with addiction…addiction is struggling with YOU. Youre here taking accountability for a relapse. Getting sober isnt easy and its not ever going to be natural for people like us. Its a skill. Practice makes permanent. Dust yourself off. You got this.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I am on Day 5, and I have immersed myself in prayer, meetings, podcasts, and literature. I am willing to do whatever it takes to make it this time.

2 Likes

Congratulations on 5 days.

2 Likes

Of course :heart:
I’m on day 319. I promise you it gets better. If you ever need support were all here. Youre not alone and this commumity offers some brilliant advice that really helped me through the early days of sobriety. I believe in you!

3 Likes

Hi @Claney007 hope your doing ok

1 Like

It’s Day 12, and I’ve felt this good!! Thank you so much for the support!

1 Like

Yes get in :grin:really glad to hear that :+1::love_you_gesture::sunglasses::facepunch::muscle:

1 Like