It’s different this time

On Sunday I will have 1 month sober I’ve reached this point so many times then fell off but this time it’s different I want this instead of forcing myself to get sober I don’t post that much but read the advice that is given to others and I want to say Thank You for that keep up the good work so much positive advice I wish everyone much success in sobriety and good luck to everyone just starting and trying to get sober. Peace

36 Likes

Glad you feel that way!
Congratulations on advance for the one month sober!! :tada::tada::tada:

4 Likes

I know when I joined the forum I mainly spent my time reading and learned so much about myself through the stories of others. Even though our lives and individual circumstances are all different there is usually something I can relate to. Looking for the similarities is definitely the way forward :slight_smile:

Great to hear you’re on a good path, long may it continue!

7 Likes

Happy to hear this time feels different for you.
When I joined, I did the same and read a lot. There are many relatable stories and I didn’t feel so alone anymore.
Keep up the hard work.

6 Likes

Crazy good for you. 1 month is awesome. Be strong and keep going. We are all in this together.

4 Likes

Thanks for all the positive comments I really appreciate it.

10 Likes

Yyyaaayyy! Good job!!!

2 Likes

1 week since I got a month sober and I’m still here there’s good and bad days but that’s just life but for the most part everything is good. Hope all is well with everyone. Peace

8 Likes

Yes!!

I think that is the key to success. Finally you’re no longer thinking about what you’re giving up but rather what you’re gaining.

YOU CAN DO IT!!

5 Likes

So May 26th I had 40 days Sober and I got invited to a baseball game and I thought I was ready to go out and hang with old friends and I wasn’t strong enough by the 6th inning I was already drunk I don’t remember leaving but when I came to I was outside my local bar then it was back to the old program but that was then and this is now

Today I don’t make promises to myself or anyone else I take it one day at a time and I’m doing the best I can and it’s working I’m grateful for my family and friends which to me is one in the same and they all want to see my succeed also I’m grateful for this sober community where there’s only support and positivity. Thank You

4 Likes

I like this post. 30 days. Well done! You should be proud. Hang in there

1 Like

Update if you read through my story it wasn’t different I kept slipping but also never stopped trying I kept getting up and trying again I’ve always make it to that 60 day mark then fall off the next day these last 63 days I’m actually working harder then ever working out reading being healthier looking for a real career and checking in everyday this community has helped me just by being able chop it up with super cool people everyday. THANK YOU to everyone I mean that.

Congratulations to everyone living that sober life and good luck to the ones trying remember that’s all it takes keep trying keep fighting and you’ll succeed. Take care and Peace to All.

9 Likes

Congratulations on your progress and the hard work you’re putting in it! It certainly pays off! :clap:t2::muscle:t2:

1 Like

Well done dude, really happy to see this. Sober life is pretty great.

1 Like

Mos def man trying to make moves this time around. Thanks @Hailstrom appreciate it!

1 Like

I keep falling down and people I love are still there for me but they are getting tired and I completely understand I’m blessed to have them in my life it’s time to rebuild again I’ll keep trying hopefully I get it right this time! Peace to All and Thanks for all the support and I apologize to any and every who did show me and that support. Take Care and Have a Great Day!

2 Likes

What have you tried in the past and what are you going to change going forward to stay sober?

You don’t need to apologize to us. We all know how horrific a cycle drugs and alcohol can be…and how we can get stuck on that hamster wheel of using.

Have you read This Naked Mind by Annie Grace or Allen Carr’s Easy Way? They can help reframe and assist us in understanding the cycle more. Done any meetings? Some people find the community support very helpful.

I am glad you have not given up.

1 Like

Just glad you came back, amigo, and you haven’t stopped trying. Do you have a new game plan?

You might have read through some of these threads, but they offer some great insights and resources if you’re willing to read through. Time to try something different!

Change your relationship with alcohol

Resources for recovery

Advice for newcomer or constant relapser

2 Likes