It’s going to work this time

Hi TS Forum, I was here awhile ago and received a very warm welcome. I left soon after but kept reading posts and once again feel like I know some of you. I didn’t want to respond or engage because I wasn’t sober. I am on day one again. I have had weeks sober at a time but always ended up back drinking. I have tried moderation and it doesn’t work for me. I am willing to try AA or other groups but I feel the need to start here first. To gain the strength and confidence to move forward in other areas by conquering my fear of here first. So hello to all of you wonderful people. I will be contributing in other discussions as well.

17 Likes

Welcome back!! I’m so happy you’re ready to commit. We’re all here for you. Why don’t you join us on the check in thread, it’s a great way to get to know everyone while we get to know you and it’s a good form of accountability. Here’s the link: Checking in daily to maintain focus #21

3 Likes

Thank you so much! Will do!

3 Likes

Glad you’re back. The one thing I’ve found helps is to stay in the middle of whatever program you choose. When you’re engaged with others, you’re less likely to isolate and drift back into old behaviors. Use the willingness you have now to immerse yourself as much as you can. My biggest problem was that after a few days just stopping my doc, I’d naturally start to feel better and if I wasnt actively working on my recovery, I’d start to feel like I had this and then just like that, I’m facedown on the floor wondering what happened.

Best of luck and hope to hear of your progress soon.

1 Like

Yes so true. Many times I have quit and felt great after a couple days and that’s when I would tell myself that everything was ok and that I didn’t really have a problem. Yet deep down I always knew it was there, that problem. Thank you for your response! And I hope you are doing well.

1 Like

Welcome back. Stick around and be as active as you can on here. I think getting involved with a group or program is a great idea. I look forward to watching your progress. :grinning:

Welcome back🙋

I did so many times myself :pensive: It’s like I had a devil speaking in one ear and an angel in the other. I listen to the devil to much I guess. But it didn’t bring me anything.
So let’s do that different today together shall we?
Go get that sober life! I’m sober for 2 years and life is so much better this way!
Come here when you need us, we’re here for you! :heart:

1 Like

Welcome back to this wonderful forum. Stick around this time. Don’t do this sober path alone anymore. I was against AA for a long time. Always thought I can fight my way through alone… And always failed until this last source was the only thing I haven’t tried yet. Like someone in AA said l: AA is the last thing you try and the first that works. I wish you all the best!

3 Likes

Welcome back. I think it says something good that you still read in the forum even when you weren’t sober. It feeds that part of you that wants it. I hope you will stick around and let us be part of your journey; whether it’s smooth sailing or a little rocky. You can definitely do this. I’m looking forward to reading about your success!

It’s doesn’t work for any alcoholic and that’s a big step bc the sooner we realize that we are powerless over alcohol we can then work on a solution to our problem. it’s great you have come back and your confidence will grow with your sobriety. It’s also good to see you have an open mind to other help that is out there so don’t leave any stone unturned in your quest for sobriety bc we don’t know until we try it and what’s the worst that can happen, reach out anytime and I wish you well on your journey.

2 Likes

I could have written those same words - a few days sober and all of a sudden I was a moderate drinker??! Uh, no I am not. Welcome back! Day 4 for me (again).

2 Likes

Thank you everyone! This is exactly why I came back here! Really appreciate the support! Day two!

1 Like