It’s not worth it

Quit everything cold turkey on Sunday. Drugs , alcohol , cigarettes. It’s been a challenging five days but I’m getting through it with one thought, “it’s not worth it.” I need to do it for my family. I got this!

11 Likes

welcome to the community Andrew! Way to go on quitting your vices - i know its a challenge - it does get easier. I do love the “its not worth it” mantra :pray: I do find that keeping myself busy (mentally and physically) helps me fight the urges.

This is a lovely community full of support. Take time and read around and hopefully we will see you around.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum :blush: and congrats on 5 days :tada:

3 Likes

That was the first Friday night I was sober in … I don’t even know. It was by far the hardest day so far. I’m still jonesing this morning as I wake up but man am I so proud. It will only get easier.

5 Likes

Welcome Andrew! Love your commitment to your family and your own health. Quitting all that shit at once is a challenge for sure, so keep your eyes on the prize and come here as often as you need to! I wish you well on this journey.

3 Likes

Welcome on board @Rustee_Knail and congratulations on now 7 days!?!
We’re glad having you here.
Take it one day at a time!
Wish you well.

1 Like

Congratulations on your first sober Friday night and welcome to the community :blush:
I’m just over 90 days now and the joy of sober weekends is still amazing to me. Hope to see you around on here!
:heart::v:

1 Like