It was going so well

So I’ve just joined this site well a week ago. I’ve got day 8 and ended up having a drink it was 2 cocktails and a tequila shot whilst on a date eating tapas. I feel shit but not half as shit as I would had I had carried on drinking and then it would have led to me making a call to get some coke.

So it’s bad but not that bad. It’s the sniffing that’s an issue for me and has been for the last 15 years!

I’m glad I’ve joined this group though it’s really helping me I must admit :heart:

15 Likes

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and go again. As long as you have learned something, it was not in vain. Welcome to the community.

Wish you well.

5 Likes

Welcome to our amazing community!
What’s done is done. Get back up on that horse and try again.
Wishing you the best on your journey.

4 Likes

Thank you so much :heart:

1 Like

Thank you :relaxed:

2 Likes

Try again maybe try a meeting might help wish you well

2 Likes

I’m going to look into a meeting thank you :relaxed:

1 Like

Stick around here it’s a good place to start !
Good job for not going all the way down …
What’s your goal about sobriety ?

2 Likes

Thanks I’m 40 next month and I just want to get healthy. The drinking wouldn’t be a problem if I didn’t get the urge to get high on coke also, one session of binge drinking and sniffing leads to me binge eating carbs for day’s and feeling depressed etc.

I’m not sure if I want to be fully T total, ( as the idea of going for a meal and having wine should be normal)…But the drinking leads to sniffing which is my downfall :confused:

Huge well done on 8 days. That’s in the bank, it’s not wasted and do not underestimate your achievement or its value. Now it’s what did you learn from it and how can you use that knowledge to move forward. Keep going, stay here, stay strong.

2 Likes

Thank you that’s just an uplifting comment & yes I’m here to stay :pray:t4:…I’m feeling focused &
It’s the first Monday in a long time that I’m not hungover still from a weekend session🥳

1 Like

Think of it this way- you are one step closer to living the life you want and happiness!

2 Likes

Yes exactly thank you for your kind words :pray:t4:

Indeed, 8 days sober is much better of 8 days down the rabbit hole, and waking up to figure out what day it is, and do I need to be at work anytime in the next few hrs. Ugh, and that horrible feeling of regret, shame and self pity.

Small victories, lead to more confidence and slowly chipping away at your addiction. Perhaps, you need more intervention with counseling, AA/NA or other means. Only you know you!

We are all fighting something, most of the time it’s ourself getting in the way.

1 Like

Your right there’s nothing worse then regret!

And I’m going to attend my first AA meeting it’s all new to me this seeking help. And I just feel so relieved I’ve joined this group, where we can speak freely without judgement. Unlike maybe an Fb status which would be horrendous as there is to many judgemental people out there. And on the plus side I wouldn’t want the world to know my issues… but here I feel is a safe space to talk :black_heart:

2 Likes

Keep reading and posting, and working it out. This place is about fighting for our lives, not social approval. Having somewhere to give voice to the crazy in our heads is crucial!

2 Likes

Aww thank you I will do :sweat_smile::pray:t4::heart: