Itchy skin from giving up alcohol

Good. 11.5 days now. I’m still a littlr itchy which makes me nervous but besides that pretty decent. Little things like can’t fall asleep and agitated. But so far so good

1 Like

How are doing today?

Hey!! I’ve also had itchy skin. I chalked it up to my body regulating itself again, used to drinking much more fluids!! I made a whipped Shea butter and coconut oil lotion that i put on my skin after i get out of the shower while i am still wet and emulsify the water on my skin with the oils. Then i just dab towel dry or just put on a baggy shirt and bottoms and dry off that way. It has really been helping but the back of my arms and my face and thighs still get a bit itchy towards the end of the work day. Could you try an antihistamine if it is really bad? Hang in there. You made the right decision, despite the discomfort right now.

1 Like

I am soooo itchy. I thought it was from the sweating. Also i resonate with being more dehydrated than before. Im guessing thats also because of the sweating. Other than that, i feel tge same.

I also have been excessively drinking right before grandmother passed. Which was also about 5 years now. And have been out of control since. It was also regulated drinking bc i dont enjoy getting sick nonetheless i was drinking daily. Day 6 right now. Hopefully the itching stops. I also stopped smoking weed. As the alcohol enhanced the weed for me & my addiction was much more dependent on weed at first. Then i needed both to activate the other.

On yhe contrary, i feel like im controlling my mood better. However i am doing this journey with god.