It's my day 1 of sobriety... Any advice for new people?

The first 72 hours are rough… so that’s pretty much what I’d concentrate on. Check out some sobriety podcasts if you wanna listen to something… sober guy, recovery elevator, shair all great podcasts and they’re free!

1 Like

YouTube videos ??
Sober people ?

1 Like

I listen to them on castbox but they’re on itunes and spotify as well

1 Like

I started at the early episodes and caught up… they’ve been putting out content for 6 years now

1 Like

Is this on YouTube??

3 Likes

I would suggest doing some meetings online. I’ve been using intherooms.com. There’s a lot of different kinds of meetings. Here’s another you may find helpful.
Marijuana Anonymous
https://marijuana-anonymous.org/find-a-meeting/

2 Likes

Thank you lisa

1 Like

Thanks. It’s very helpful.

I think you can find some sober guy episodes on YouTube

Ok ok I will

You got this 785. Im on day 56 and from time to time I still get symptoms. They call them paws or something like that dont be discourage if this is what you want then go out and get it, advice from to you the first sign of some strange feeling or symptom dont know your history but anything out of the ordinary and go to the ER dont wait. My symptoms first week dizzyness, bloated head, couldnt think right or concentrate, fast heart rate for no reason just sitting down. Anxiety was a big one, no enrgy lack of motivation. Just go with it gets better. Good luck you got this if you drink again forget I said this

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll try

I stay sober by going through the steps with a sponsor. I understand you probably can’t make in person meetings right now, but you can read the big book anywhere.

1 Like

Hows it going @785? How’s day 2 treating you?

1 Like

What kind of garden is that you’ve got there @785 ?

Good for you! If you can sleep… sleep. If you have an appetite. Eat good food, bananas, avocado, leafy greens ect… and of course hydrate. If you’re anxious, try a bath or shower. You got this!!:blue_heart:

1 Like

Stay busy. That was the key to keeping me sober when i started. Still is important. If I am busy i cant focus on drinking.

Yes staying busy is very important for us.

1 Like

Yes we only need food and water.
That’s it.
We don’t have to put anything else in our body.

1 Like