It's my day 1 of sobriety... Any advice for new people?

I guess I’m having sleeping problem.
But it’s ok.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes I’m feeling weak.
I will .
Thank you.

Drink a shit load of water… eat, sleep, read on here.

Water, food and sleep ??
That’s it.

1 Like

???. That’s it ?

welcome to the forum! heres a great thread to read over Resources for our recovery

2 Likes

Stay in the moment!!! Dont think about tomorrow or even tonight. Do you have a support system that you can call?

1 Like

No-one all alone.

I’m reading it.

2 Likes

Suggestions aren’t going to keep you sober, only YOU can keep you sober, you have to want it, you have to decide to get it; what people suggest will help with the discomfort of withdrawal and keeping your mind occupied.

The first few days are tough, real tough. You will do everything in your power to just put it off until tomorrow, don’t, no matter what. All you have to do is get through this minute, this hour, this day.

Look up videos on people’s changes after a year of sobriety. Also look for videos on the effects of alcohol on your body (assuming alcohol is your DOC). That got me through the first few days.

Wish you well.

4 Likes

Thanks for your suggestions.

I’ll follow it.

Thank you.

Are you quitting at home alone? That can be dangerous depending on the amount of alcohol you were taking in. Sobriety is the way but you need to make sure your safe.

No I’m good.

1 Like

The first 72 hours are rough… so that’s pretty much what I’d concentrate on. Check out some sobriety podcasts if you wanna listen to something… sober guy, recovery elevator, shair all great podcasts and they’re free!

1 Like

YouTube videos ??
Sober people ?

1 Like

I listen to them on castbox but they’re on itunes and spotify as well

1 Like

I started at the early episodes and caught up… they’ve been putting out content for 6 years now

1 Like

Is this on YouTube??